Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Do you live in a quiet law-abiding neigborhood

Do you live in a quiet law-abiding neigborhood

or are police and emergency vehicle sirens part of normal day to day occurrences? 

Posted - February 2, 2018

Responses

Very safe, very suburban, I've gone out and left my street door wide open before and came home and nothing had happened....  Having said that.. I had two police officers in my house the other day...long story!
      February 2, 2018 3:20 PM MST

Relatively safe, but noisy neighborhood.  We have a hospital a couple of blocks away as well as a firehouse nearby, so there are sirens daily. 
      February 2, 2018 5:45 PM MST

Both, mostly. Marauding mosquitoes are a bigger problem than the neighbours.
      February 2, 2018 5:48 PM MST

I live in a town of 369 pops with a county sheriff's outpost and a courthouse. The normal day to day occurrence is a fuzzwagon parked near a stop sign a half mile out of town. There was an actual chase through town a few years ago. The perp got cornered (because there just isn't anyplace to go) so he abandoned his car and ran through a trailer court and jumped the fence. I have no idea what it was about or how it ended, except that a deputy jumped out of his car with the engine running and it knocked down a fence next door.
      February 2, 2018 8:35 PM MST

In a previous life this town had population 860 and supported two supermarkets with fresh produce and full-service butcher sections, and equal numbers of restaurants, gas stations, bars, card rooms, cat houses, and cops: eight of each. There were enough thieves to make a movie. One guy sweet talked the lady who owned the biggest restaurant into signing it over to him. (Because he was talking marriage, and the husband ought to be the support, not the wife.) The next day he had sold the place and left town. I used to check around the back doors to the cat houses because quite often they threw a customer out and there would be  large amount of coins scattered in the gravel. A "large amount" in those days was maybe two bux. 
      February 6, 2018 8:24 PM MST

LOL This kind of sounds like Mayberry RFD.
      February 22, 2018 11:03 PM MST

Yep.  I do hear sirens sometimes but not in an annoying number..................a lot of retirees here.
      February 3, 2018 6:54 AM MST

Yes I do live in a quiet law-abiding neighborhood. Very few sirens which is a good thing.
      February 3, 2018 5:44 PM MST

i hope so
      February 4, 2018 4:33 PM MST

When I moved to this town in 1972, it was a sleepy little town of no more than 14,000. It is sad to see the changes for the worse. You see the homeless and mentally disturbed on a daily basis. Drug abuse is rampant, and as a single senior i am constantly vigilant and watching out for my personal safety. (2 timothy 3:1-5)
      February 22, 2018 11:01 PM MST

Pretty much.   I live around a bunch of older people and they are retired so they watch the neighborhood a lot.
      February 22, 2018 11:02 PM MST