Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » did you know if your ice cream is too hard you can just microwave the spoon before eating it

did you know if your ice cream is too hard you can just microwave the spoon before eating it

thats my fav life hack

Posted - February 3, 2018

Responses

I microwave the ice cream before making my bowl, just 30 sec makes a huge difference.
    Do you know you should not put metal in a microwave? It will tear it up.
      February 3, 2018 8:28 PM MST

I'm mortified that answerMug is going to get sued for this because somebody will do it. lol

Please note, answerMug neither supports nor endorses microwaving metal objects. Doing so will likely result in breaking your microwave or starting a fire, and may unintentionally start the apocalypse. 
      February 3, 2018 8:40 PM MST

Actually, they put a crunched of ball of aluminium in a microwave oven on 'Myth Busters'. It made some cool sparks, but did no damage.
      February 4, 2018 7:12 AM MST

Someone in our parents home put a calculator in the microwave when I was little....the explosion that followed was megga ..... :( 

February 4, 2018 7:26 AM MST

Probably the battery. I had a student whose mother put a hard-boiled egg in a glass of water, then nuked it. She said it blew the door completely off.
      February 4, 2018 7:36 AM MST

I nuked a cup of water once...... I opened the door but diddnt put my hand in for around 15 seconds.....
    Just as I was about to ,the whole cupful of water jumped out of the cup.....how it never scolded me I will never know...
    Not one tiny drop touched me....
      February 4, 2018 7:51 AM MST

It is also not a good idea to have the door open when the microwaves are turned on, most microwave ovens shut down immediately if this happens. Microwave escaping from the oven would heat you up inside where you are NOT supposed to get heated That ia why ther is a fine-mesh metal net decoratively embedded in the glass door, a Faraday cage to keep the microwawes inside ;-))
      February 4, 2018 8:28 AM MST

That is an interesting phenomenom. If the water is pure enough, it can evaporate fast enough to keep it from having the appearance of boiling, even though it is still at 100C. once the water vapor pressure is reduced it will boil all at once. That is the theory. The same can occur when you put and unopened water bottle in a freezer. It will sometimes remain a liquidd until it is disturbed, then it immediately freezes all at once.
      February 4, 2018 8:41 AM MST

Could it also have something to do with my Crystal'eyes'ed Mince Pies ...I'm told they look pretty cool when the light hits me....:)
      February 4, 2018 9:05 AM MST

How about my X-ray eyes.
      February 4, 2018 9:15 AM MST

People couldn't handle being over exposed to them.....it bad enought with the ones I've got at the moment when I look at people seduccttivly....apparently they go week at the knees and they look days'ed for ages  
      February 4, 2018 9:29 AM MST

• you can heat it up in the toaster too
      February 4, 2018 10:30 AM MST

Really good explanation of what goes on in a microwave and what can happen with metal.

https://mentalfloss.com/article/32032/why-cant-you-put-metal-microwave

February 4, 2018 10:46 AM MST

The spoon will not heat up...It will just make some cool sparks.
      February 4, 2018 7:14 AM MST

Hope it's a plastic spoon.
      February 4, 2018 10:56 AM MST

About a thousand years ago, erasable read-only memory ICs were invented. They were expensive because they had a quartz window to let in the ultraviolet light to do the erasing. Non-erasable ICs were identical, except they didn't have the window. Sure enough, the boss bought a thousand chips and burned the program into them and then decided to rewrite the program. So he wanted very much to find a way to erase those chips and reprogram them. He told me to nuke them. I told him no, they needed 2200 Angstroms and a microwave oven operates at 4700 Angstroms. He said naw, all they have to do is integrate enough energy and they will erase. So I stuck them in and nuked them.

Wow, was that ever a pretty show!
      February 4, 2018 1:08 PM MST

i dont think thats a good idea, it can start a fire
      February 4, 2018 3:40 PM MST