Active Now

my2cents
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Please name two things: one that causes the average person a LOT of stress, but causes you little stress, and another that doesn't cause

Please name two things: one that causes the average person a LOT of stress, but causes you little stress, and another that doesn't cause

the average person a lot of stress, but causes you a LOT of stress.

~

Posted - February 9, 2018

Responses

• Physical pain. I get the impression that most people react badly to it.
    Vipassana meditation has taught me to simply observe without reacting, and it works with most forms of pain to achieve a kind of neutrality. I know it will pass. I don't take pain-killers of any sort. This includes thing like broken bones, bull-ant stings etc. I'd say not reacting reduces the intensity by about 50%.

I react badly to people using humour as a form of not-so-passive-aggressive verbal abuse. Ozzie country people - especially the cattle farmer types from way outback - often treat "taking the piss" as the best wit and not to be taken seriously. But what I notice is that it always has a serious core. What they're saying is not just critical but usually true. I refuse to hang around people of this sort.
      February 10, 2018 1:00 AM MST

1.  Loss of phone.  It'll show up later, or not.

2.  The waitress touched the rim of  my glass of water as she sat it on the table.  I will never let this be.  The waitress will be educated and will bring me an unopened bottle of water. 
      February 10, 2018 9:05 AM MST

not sure what that is
      February 10, 2018 2:59 PM MST

Quitting a job causes the average person so much stress that they won't do it.  It causes me stress, but a lot less than the average person because I won't stay in a place where I am unhappy.  I would rather cast my fate to the wind than be in a torture chamber of my own making.

What causes me stress that doesn't bother other people?  I can be insanely shy sometimes.    I don't like to choose partners in a setting where we are supposed to partner up in a group.  I cannot do it.  I have to make them come to me or I just wither.  ???  That is so damned stupid.
      February 10, 2018 3:03 PM MST