Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Were your parents discreet about kissing before their children?

Were your parents discreet about kissing before their children?

My parents have never shied from giving each other a light peck on the lips ever since I can remember, and they still do; but never a French kiss or anything blatantly sexual.

Posted - February 24, 2018

Responses

Yeah. I caught them making out once when I accidentally walked in on them, I don't think they noticed me though as I quietly closed the door. That was after they were divorced, too.
      February 24, 2018 6:34 PM MST

Never saw it happen, not once. 
      February 24, 2018 6:41 PM MST

I think he would kiss her sometimes?
    I can't remember so I guess they didn't do it in front of us often.

I do remember kissing my ex with tongue one time while we were married and our child was probably 5 or 6 and caught us.
    He was so mad at us over that. LoL!
    I didn't know it would shock him so much to catch his mommy and daddy making out.
    We didn't do it in front of him again after that.
      February 24, 2018 7:27 PM MST

• Children can be very possessive
      February 24, 2018 11:42 PM MST

This is a great question.  Put on your seatbelt; my answer is coming.

My mother has smoked cigarettes since she was 17 years old, my stepfather (who was the only father figure I ever had or knew) was a 100% across the board non-smoker.  He was in my life from the time I was 4 years old until their divorce when I was 14.  Neither of them were overly affectionate people, especially in front of us, the children.  Even so, my mother had her bouts of fancy wherein she'd corner him for a hug and a kiss.  His reaction to it was always less than enthusiastic. 

As a small child, I thought his hesitance was just that icky-she's-a-girl thing, but as I got older and stopped thinking that touching a girl would give me cooties, I began to recognize that he was cringing away from her and the overpowering "aroma" of her heavily-noticeable nicotine cologne.  I never saw him initiate any outward display of affection toward her, she was always the one who did that.  Such action between them was limited to a kiss from her on his cheek, never the other way around, and I don't think I can remember ever seeing their lips touch.

~
      February 24, 2018 7:41 PM MST

She's too good for him ;)
      February 24, 2018 10:00 PM MST

They didn't go to town or neck or anything like that.  Thank God.  They just kissed a little.  It was cute.

February 24, 2018 10:02 PM MST

Discreet enough for me to never have seen it.
      February 24, 2018 10:02 PM MST

Either they were discreet about it or they just never kissed each other.  I suspect it's the latter.
      February 25, 2018 12:25 AM MST

Not about kissing, they were always affectionate. Never went further than that in front of us. I do think I once accidentally caught a glimpse of dad groping one of mum's (clothed) breasts before she pushed his hand away, but I'm not 100% certain.
      February 25, 2018 12:33 AM MST

• Just pecks on the lips or cheeks. Thank god. I hate seeing anyone make out. I think they tried to do it quick and discreet when we were around but sometimes we noticed, not like I cared. 
      February 25, 2018 2:20 AM MST