Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What was the denomination of the last coin you found?

What was the denomination of the last coin you found?

(Or coins.)

~

Posted - February 27, 2018

Responses

An American penny. Was nice to see a 1 cent coin again because Canada eliminated pennies from circulation years ago. 
      February 28, 2018 1:46 AM MST

A zac. 5c.
    1 and 2c coins were removed from circulation when the value of the copper in them threatened to exceed their face value, so 5c is the smallest Australian coin still minted.
      February 28, 2018 3:52 AM MST

i havent found any coins lately
      February 28, 2018 10:29 AM MST

Not sure but it was Dutch, or rather it said "The Dutch Mint" on one side of it.  It had the picture of a ship.
      February 28, 2018 3:58 PM MST

People don't lose coins any more. They lose debit cards and credit cards.
      March 1, 2018 3:02 AM MST

A dime. Most members of my family have come to accept that they are left for us by deceased family members. My siblings were finding dimes and attaching a meaning to them which they only shared with me when I casually commented that at one point I was finding them all the time. They never said anything to me before that because they know how skeptical I am about such things. I will never be 100% convinced, but I will share one anecdote that illustrates why they might be right. Keep in mind that I do not carry coins in my pocket and have been very careful with dimes so that I know that I am not finding my own dimes. A short time after my mother died, I visited her grave site. So I had entered and exited the car a couple of times. When I got out of the car at home, there was a dime lying on the driver's seat. I have other such stories which might be a series of coincidences or not. I just know that I have a cup half full of found dimes.
      March 1, 2018 5:26 AM MST

Wow, that's profound, and I believe that it may have some meaning.  Thanks!
    ~
      March 1, 2018 5:39 AM MST

The last time I bothered to pick up coins was 2000. I was riding a bike to work and I picked up coins just for something to do. Once I found a dollar bill on the sidewalk, and once I found a gold chain in the street. Gold was really cheap in those days, so hippie chicks would wear chains. I kept it for a few years until the price went up and then sold it to a refiner for a hundred and fifty bux.
      March 1, 2018 11:28 AM MST