Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Have you ever double-dated? If so, how long ago was it? Do people nowadays still double-date? ~

Have you ever double-dated? If so, how long ago was it? Do people nowadays still double-date? ~

Definition of double dating: two couples going on a date together as opposed to one couple going on a date. 

Posted - March 25, 2018

Responses

Yes of course.  Don't know about today. But if committed couples get together to do something together wouldn't that be the same thing?   You don't have to be 17 and alone. We get together with friends sometimes to go to a concert, opera, dinner, crafts fair, lecture etc.   
      March 25, 2018 8:38 AM MDT

I have a sore spot as well. 
      March 25, 2018 9:01 AM MDT

Putting your heart out there only to have it stepped on....he should have said something sooner.  
    I did give him my all.  My heart first and my life next.  Not good enough?  Don't know what to tell you then. 
      March 25, 2018 9:10 AM MDT

Yes I did. My buddy needed a girlfriend and I already had one. So one day we decided to pull into a local root beer stand. There was this attractive long haired blond. She waited on us and my buddy was crazy for her. Anyway, we all double dated a few times and soon after that, they got engaged and eventually they married. They are still married some 40 years later.  
      March 25, 2018 2:59 PM MDT

Oh um I wasn't even sure what double dating meant! I think my mind's a bit too corrupted these days, I thought it was something naughty!  But no, in the sense your question was about- no don't think I have ever done that... well maybe once.. you have to try everything once don't ya
      March 25, 2018 3:05 PM MDT

Thank you for your post, it highlights the probability that there are some people who do not even know what it means. For that reason, I have just edited my post to include a definition of the term. 

Also, owing to the fact that you are from the UK, it's also possible that the term is different there, or that the entire concept doesn't even exist there. 

~
      March 25, 2018 3:39 PM MDT

The concept is not unknown here and we are vaguely aware that it's a term you guys use.. it's just not a common term here. 
      March 25, 2018 3:50 PM MDT

Thank you again. 
    ~
      March 25, 2018 3:54 PM MDT

When I was in school it served the purpose of transportation for those guys who didn't have access to a vehicle.  When my daughter was in school everything was done in groups which included some couples but no one had to feel left out.  It facilitated meeting kids from other schools and Churches too.  I think high school is really too young for the serious intimate relationships that some youngsters get into.  The group thing seemed like a great social system to me.  Now kids just sit in their rooms staring at their phones waiting for someone to 'like' something they posted.  Life is going to kick these people in the ass.

As a married couple we probably went out with other couples more than we went out alone.  This post was edited by Thriftymaid at March 25, 2018 10:51 PM MDT
      March 25, 2018 10:50 PM MDT