Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Is it too early for us to get started on what Easter is all about?

Is it too early for us to get started on what Easter is all about?

Posted - March 29, 2018

Responses

Do we have to? I mean, can't we talk about something that's not so divisive?
      March 29, 2018 7:33 AM MDT

Not at all. You start it off.
      March 29, 2018 7:45 AM MDT

well...I love Hot Cross buns
    they always are there around Easter.
    (at my bakery at least)
    And I love Jesus
    so no problem with Easter here...
    .....So what u got?
      March 29, 2018 8:46 AM MDT

If you're talking about the actual history and origin's of the Easter holiday then that would probably incite brawl within the religious community. :) 
      March 29, 2018 9:56 AM MDT

Let's do it then. I'm Jewish and can referee.
      March 29, 2018 9:59 AM MDT

I'm a believer in and follower of Christ and a brawl is something that I don't care to get into. But thanks for the offer to referee. :)
      March 29, 2018 10:55 AM MDT

Easter celebrates the use of the Holy Hand Grenade against the Rabbit of Caerbannog.
    The Holy Blast converted him into the Cadbury Bunny, with the magical power to turn chicks into marshmallows and eggs into chocolate.
      March 29, 2018 10:07 AM MDT

Yur just itchin' for a fight.
      March 29, 2018 10:58 AM MDT

All one has to do, is look at the store displays to see the truth of my answer.

Resurrection of some god-man?  Not reflected in any stores.
    Yet there is plenty of marshmallow chicks and chocolate eggs.  Not to mention parents telling children of the "Easter Bunny".
    I mean, Christian parents wouldn't lie to their kids and make up a non-existent, semi-deity that reduces their Christian beliefs.  Would they?!?

March 29, 2018 11:40 AM MDT

Well, that sure is a lot better than the religious baggage attached to the holiday.
      March 30, 2018 10:03 AM MDT

• No, it is not to early for you to get started on.  For me, it comes and goes like every other Sunday.  I don't see it as a holiday.  I might if Good Friday was a day off.
      March 29, 2018 3:46 PM MDT

"I might if Good Friday was a day off." >>> you mean it's not in your Christian majority country?
      April 4, 2018 3:28 AM MDT

• I've never known it to be.  Do you get a day off for Good Friday?
      April 4, 2018 9:33 AM MDT

"Good" Friday and "Easter" Monday have always been days off since I can remember.
      April 10, 2018 7:25 AM MDT

This is what Easter is all about.

March 29, 2018 6:06 PM MDT

Easter is pagan bullsnot from start to finish. Easter, Eostre, Ishtar, Astarte was the queen of Babylon and the founder of Babylon Mystery Religion, the one mentioned in The Revelation. That church originated the Trinity, the tonsure (sun worship), the stylized fish head worn by priests of Dagon and later adopted by Roman Catholic bishops, the custom of throwing rice at weddings, worship of eggs, rabbits, and sunrise services. 

Jesus was not crucified on Friday and did not rise on Sunday. He did not touch the cross until they nailed him to it. His mother was not the queen of heaven. And there is nothing about his story that relates to new dresses and hats for the ladies.

There are lots of books named "Babylon Mystery Religion" detailing the history. You can get at least one of them anyplace books are sold.
      March 30, 2018 10:13 AM MDT

How it began is so much less important than how the Resurrection changed its signifcance forever.

March 30, 2018 11:43 AM MDT

Something we agree on....imagine that. Lol
      March 30, 2018 11:51 AM MDT

Anomalies are to be expected.

(Anomaly---something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected)

And no, just because I post a definition doesn't mean I think you don't know it already.
      March 30, 2018 11:53 AM MDT

Those that originally saw significance in it failed to follow the scriptures.
    (2 Corinthians 6:14-17) Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? 15 Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Beʹli·al? Or what does a believer share in common with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I will reside among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.” 17 “‘Therefore, get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take you in.’”
    (1 Corinthians 10:21) You cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; you cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons.
    (Ephesians 5:6-14) Let no man deceive you with empty words, for because of such things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore, do not be sharers with them; 8 for you were once darkness, but you are now light in connection with the Lord. Go on walking as children of light, 9 for the fruitage of the light consists of every sort of goodness and righteousness and truth. 10 Keep on making sure of what is acceptable to the Lord; 11 and stop sharing in the unfruitful works that belong to the darkness; rather, expose them for what they are. 12 For the things they do in secret are shameful even to mention. 13 Now all the things that are being exposed are made evident by the light, for everything that is being made evident is light. 14 Therefore, it is said: “Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and the Christ will shine upon you.”
      March 30, 2018 7:41 PM MDT

You are amazingly unaware of the fact that the Resurrection worked backwards as well as forwards in time as it totally transformed the relationship between God and is creation.

I assume that is a result of being unaware (or refusing to accept due to a skewed understand of what the bible actually says) that Christ established a church guided by the third person of the trinity---the Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:28---And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

You will have to cure your own disbelief.

Edit:  Added the words in the parentheses.

This post was edited by tom jackson at March 31, 2018 3:45 PM MDT
      March 31, 2018 3:34 PM MDT

I guess Christ and God forgot to mention a trinity and third person of such.

(Deuteronomy 6:4) “Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.
    (Romans 3:30) Since God is one, he will declare circumcised people righteous as a result of faith and uncircumcised people righteous by means of their faith.
    (1 Corinthians 8:6) there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.
    (Ephesians 4:6) one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
      April 1, 2018 6:18 AM MDT

Most people who claim to be Christian have no idea what they are supposed to believe. That happens SPECIFICALLY because they don't know how it began. That is why the devil is able to lead entire nations astray and substitute his pagan crap for the story of salvation.
      March 31, 2018 2:05 AM MDT

I can't speak for most Christians, but I can certainly speak for for myself.  Why I believe what I believe is because I found the eminent---and yet basic---reasonableness that exists in those who understand and therefore espouse the theological teachings of the Catholic Church.

That explains my position.

I do not, and probably am unable, to understand your inability to come to the same conclusion.

Generally speaking, I hate to go to the "faith" issue, but either you have either rejected or have not been offered the type of faith that allows you to understand the unique roll of the Catholic church in salvation history.

And, of course, all opinions aside---only one of us can be correct. 
      March 31, 2018 3:42 PM MDT