Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » If belief in gods had been made a punishable offense at the time concept of gods was new -could have saved the world from religions?

If belief in gods had been made a punishable offense at the time concept of gods was new -could have saved the world from religions?

Posted - April 25, 2018

Responses

Present but not contributing.
      April 25, 2018 7:58 AM MDT

Belief in the Christian God has often been punishable right from the first century but that did not stop Christianity. 
      April 25, 2018 9:57 AM MDT

The last and final Great God of Jews, Christianity and Muslim did not evolve into existence until many thousands of years after the first primitive gods were imaginated into existence then people were severely punished for continuing to believe in the previous Pagan gods.

April 25, 2018 11:34 AM MDT

"then people were severely punished for continuing to believe in the previous Pagan gods." you appear to be disapproving of punishment-for-holding-a-belief here yet you're advocating it in your question.
      May 15, 2018 5:31 AM MDT

Q "If belief in gods had been made a punishable offense at the time concept of gods was new -could have saved the world from religions?"
    =====================================================================================

The idea of thought control may be well intentioned but, like religious beliefs, it could benefit from a little questioning. For example:

Why would you want to make belief in gods a punishable offense if it did no harm? 

Would there be a cry for making gun ownership a punishable offense if such ownership did no harm?

It is the harm that we really object to isn't it, not the gun ownership itself?

Does the harm of gun or knife ownership come from misuse or proper permitted use?
      May 15, 2018 6:10 AM MDT

I started to contribute, but my analysis is so rude and insulting that I decided to stifle it. 
      May 15, 2018 11:31 AM MDT

Just make a revised edition and throw it in. 
      May 15, 2018 6:22 PM MDT

In essence, nobody knows a d*m thing and they are complaining about crap they have made up in their own heads. That is every bit as dum as the religion they complain about. 
      May 16, 2018 1:57 AM MDT

I'm pretty sure the idea of trying to get a tribe to think the same way, was definitely invented with the first monkey.

There are still monkeys on earth trying to tell other people what they should or should not pray to.
      May 15, 2018 4:17 PM MDT