Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » When you write a question here, do you research it first if necessary? Not fun or silly questions, of course.

When you write a question here, do you research it first if necessary? Not fun or silly questions, of course.

Posted - April 27, 2018

Responses

It's hard enough for me to find it once and I'm certainly not looking for it again.......I have far better things to do ,if only I could remember what they were.......... :( 
      April 27, 2018 3:54 PM MDT

• "I suppose that I do that at times."  Making a mistake, on this SOCIAL site, will quickly make you fodder for the local authorities.  :))
      April 27, 2018 4:32 PM MDT

My Dear Sweet Element~ As gifted and curiously entertaining, not to mention knowledgeable by character that you already are, you must already know this.  You see, some of us can't find the strength or care to admit  to the world that we haven't taken the time to find out what is happening in the world we live in, politically, environmentally, or neighborly.  Having you do the research is so much easier for our lazy beings.  We sit around and let you do the work.  The good news is, now get ready, when they have a pop quiz, like:  Who is the Vice President?  What just happened in Korea? What is the rain forest and where is it located?  What crisis just happened in L.A.?  What is the name of your best friend?  There can only be one.  "Best" is an absolute.  See?  The Hugely little things in life might snap them back into reality... And you and me?  We'll be sittin' drinkin' Mai Tai's, all the while, having known the answer is in self-worth, making a difference, and knowing every day is an important day to let the world know you care.. That and investing correctly your time and your energy.  Short answer: No.  Big winks and smiles ;) ;)

This post was edited by Merlin at April 28, 2018 6:30 AM MDT
      April 27, 2018 4:40 PM MDT

And I love you, too.
      April 28, 2018 6:31 AM MDT

I it is a "how do I do this" question then I will already have researched it (as best I could) and not found an answer.

If it is a "Who here ..." question, I do not know, and just want to her the responses.

I do not ask questions I already know the answer to. I leave such missionary activity to others.
      April 27, 2018 7:33 PM MDT

I already know it all, so in my case, research is completely and utterly unnecessary. 
    ~
      April 27, 2018 8:11 PM MDT

I guess that makes you a walking encyclopedia.
      April 28, 2018 6:32 AM MDT

Like Rand D, I also know it all.  (Oh, OK, I have approximate knowledge of many things.)

I have ADHD and one of the characteristics of that is that it makes written output more difficult than it should be.

Unless it is a simple answer, I find a link that explains it well and saves me the trouble of writing a long response.

Things I personally think, believe, or know to be true flows more freely in the event of personal opinion.

Anything that is not original with me is almost always in italics.
      April 27, 2018 8:18 PM MDT

I only ever ask silly questions.
      April 27, 2018 8:33 PM MDT

Yes.
      April 27, 2018 11:16 PM MDT

no cause i know i will get answers here
      May 24, 2018 5:47 PM MDT