Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Is Michelle Wolf a filthy and mean comedian?

Is Michelle Wolf a filthy and mean comedian?

Posted - May 1, 2018

Responses

definitely a bit mean
      May 1, 2018 7:36 AM MDT

• Kind of. She's not very funny, but it was mostly her delivery and accent that bothered me. Considering how filthy and mean Trump can be, I thought the match was about right. 
      May 1, 2018 9:24 AM MDT

Piers Morgan is right, she gave the president a gift.  She is obviously just one more idiot.
      May 1, 2018 12:41 PM MDT

• From what I saw about as funny as a funeral and her voice runs right through you.
      May 1, 2018 8:28 PM MDT

Filthy? Soiled perhaps. We've endured worst. She was more mean than funny, her abortion joke for example. Tis harder for female comedians to be funny and still maintain a sense of femininity about them. Where as a man can be an a** and still be a man. Methink it rubs people the wrong way when women talk crass. This post was edited by O-uknow at May 2, 2018 10:09 AM MDT
      May 1, 2018 8:39 PM MDT

O-uknow that's so true......There are crude things women should never say....it's belittling for them and they should never try to emulate things that men have taken countless centuries to perfect....

Women should stick to sarcasm which they themselves have perfected.......:)D
      May 2, 2018 2:54 AM MDT

Gee, I've always considered women to be human beings with the same rights and privileges of men.  That's one of the reasons I've spent over 36 years with the one I married.

Neither of us would agree with your comment above.
      May 2, 2018 9:43 AM MDT

What has rights got to do with it....every one is free to speak or act as they wish ,but nothing is gained when women that try to speak and act like men ...
     It just doesn't come over in the same way....
      May 2, 2018 9:59 AM MDT

Kind of like to keep those darn women at least slightly below men based on what you think denotes femininity, huh?

Subtle discrimination is I suppose the best kind---nobody notices the wolf in sheep's clothing until it's too late---if they notice it at all.
      May 2, 2018 9:48 AM MDT

Okay, lets engage. I am not an advocate of holding anyone back from exercising free will. I am an advocate of informing them of the consequences. When it comes to fighting battles for your rights, sometimes you must hold your own nuts ;) This post was edited by O-uknow at May 2, 2018 8:32 PM MDT
      May 2, 2018 8:28 PM MDT

Yes, and she still doesn't get it.  Not too bright I would say. 
      May 2, 2018 5:47 AM MDT

And you are an expert on comedy, I assume?
      May 2, 2018 9:44 AM MDT

A roast is a form of American humor in which a specific individual, a guest of honor, is subjected to jokes at their expense, intended to amuse the event's wider audience. Such events are intended to honor a specific individual in a unique way. In addition to jokes and insult comedy, such events may also involve genuine praise and tributes. The implication is that the roastee is able to take the jokes in good humor and not as serious criticism or insult, and it is seen by some as a great honor to be roasted. The individual is surrounded by friends, fans, and well-wishers, who can receive some of the same treatment as well during the course of the evening. The party and presentation itself are both referred to as a "roast". The host of the event is called the "roastmaster". Anyone who is mocked in such a way is said to have been "roasted".
      May 2, 2018 9:57 AM MDT

But this is not a "roast" it is supposed to be an awards ceremony. And no one there is surronded by "friends, fans and well wishers".....
    Personally I don't find roasts funny....just an excuse to be mean to people.  
      May 2, 2018 10:14 AM MDT

Yup. :)
      May 2, 2018 10:56 AM MDT

I don't know the woman so I can't say if she's filthy or mean. What I can say is that her "humor" was a sandwich shy of a picnic. She's not at all funny. As always, my opinion. :)
      May 2, 2018 10:55 AM MDT

When PBS has to quit airing your monologue because of FCC rules....yes, I would say you are pretty filthy.  
    And yes, her "jokes" were mean. She is not a comedian in my opinion. 
      May 2, 2018 11:04 AM MDT

Yup, you're right. I never thought about that aspect of it. :)
      May 2, 2018 11:17 AM MDT

Mean? Are you aware of the concept of a "roast"? Those are supposed to be mean, that's the point.

Filthy? Most comedians are these days, unfortunately. She's no worse than many, not as bad as some.
      May 2, 2018 8:54 PM MDT

Only if you don't have a sense of humor. Maybe even if you've closed your eyes to what's been going on since that big orange machine has taken office.
      May 2, 2018 9:11 PM MDT

have no idea since i dont even know who she is
      May 19, 2018 5:56 PM MDT