Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » Do you have a water feature in your garden?

Do you have a water feature in your garden?

I have a store bought water fountain in the center of my garden and I find it quite soothing. The house that I will be working at tomorrow has a reel cool water feature in their Japanese garden. It starts with a rapids section about 10 feet long then a waterfall that empties into a pond the drop is about 5 feet so it's pretty impressive. They had me put $1.000 worth of plants and shrubs  in the Japanese garden this year so I can't wait until they turn the waterfall on and see all the plants growing and blooming. Cheers!

Posted - May 7, 2018

Responses

Not yet but I am thinking of building one.  I have an old water pump from an above-ground pool I could use to recycle water from the bottom to the top of a small waterfall.  I'd build the waterfall near the fire pit and the pump on the other side of the house so we couldn't hear the motor noise.  Sound good?
      May 7, 2018 8:38 PM MDT

Sounds good but probably want to look into how much you pump can pump per hour and what kind of lift it can handle. Do want to go through all that work and then the pump be too weak.
      May 7, 2018 8:42 PM MDT

I don't have a garden but I do have an eight foot 4 teir fountain. 
      May 7, 2018 8:44 PM MDT

• i have a planted fish tank does that count 
      May 7, 2018 8:58 PM MDT

Yes, it's called a sprinkler system. It's connected to a timer. That is first class around here. I mean some of the neighbors don't even have grass.
      May 7, 2018 10:52 PM MDT

yes two tiers...
    not working at the moment though.
    every time I get it running
    the raccoons come in and tear it up.
    They use the bottom part for their bath
    and throw the pump out...hahaha
      May 8, 2018 6:45 AM MDT

no cause i dont have a garden
      May 14, 2018 2:47 PM MDT