Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » Never mind socks going missing in the washing, in my house it's dustpan and brushes that go missing! What weird thing goes missing there?

Never mind socks going missing in the washing, in my house it's dustpan and brushes that go missing! What weird thing goes missing there?

Honestly I've no idea where the dustpan and brush sets go... are they eaten? Stolen? Misplaced? No idea but it's infuriating when I go to use it and it's not there!

Posted - May 17, 2018

Responses

Same here. My dustpan and brooms go missing all the time and I KNOW my son isnt taking them. Hmmmmmmmm Its not like I use them much anyway. lol
      May 17, 2018 4:33 AM MDT

Our garage is a black hole. Anything in it that isn't eminently visible is gone forever.
      May 17, 2018 5:39 AM MDT

Good excuse not to use them :)
      May 19, 2018 4:19 AM MDT

They go "missing"  because no one puts them away when finished using them.  

Of course, they may have run away due to their severe dust allergies -  

"Recent studies have suggested than many household brooms suffer from allergies to dust and dust mites.  Both the the BSACI and the NIH have published studies claiming that nearly 94% of all brooms in the world suffer from some sort of dust allergy.  Marion Newblester, a spokesperson for the NIH, says that people should check their brooms' bristles.  "A good indication that a broom has allergies are frayed bristle heads.  The more frayed the bristles, the more severe its allergies."  Newblester also noted that some dustpans may also suffer from allergies, however studies conducted so far have been inconclusive."

May 17, 2018 9:22 AM MDT

Blame it on the 'dust mites'.
      May 17, 2018 1:07 PM MDT

The salt and pepper pots/grinders.....They just seem to blend in with anything if they are not in their right spot on the side .It so infuriating when someone says they've been right under my nose in the most visible place ever and once you've told yourself thay are not there they just become invisible....

My dad he's the same problem with his huge yellow Stanley tape measure.....it can be the only thing on a table and he can't find or even see it....:( 
      May 18, 2018 2:16 AM MDT

Funny you should say that, I seem to have ended up with around 5 pairs of salt and pepper grinders but whenever I want one, I can't find them! Hmm and tape measures, you can't trust the little devils, I have a magnetic one that I stick on my version of the fridge door, and it's meant to stay there... but that's always going missing too. These things have a life of their own!
      May 19, 2018 4:18 AM MDT

They like playing Hide and Seek, that's for sure...lol
      May 19, 2018 4:39 PM MDT

my bed and couch, they both went missing cause of bedbugs, now im sleeping on an airbed, they cant lay eggs there
      May 18, 2018 4:04 PM MDT