Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you think I should stop procrastinating and get on with what I have to do today?

Do you think I should stop procrastinating and get on with what I have to do today?

But I much prefer to mess about on here... answering questions... thinking of music that could go with certain comments....

I have to clean the bathroom, hoover, wash the floor, get the washing in, sort the week's laundry, make the bed, clean the cat fountain,  review my video exam and critique it, (if there's anything worse than watching yourself on video I don't know what it is!! ) and maybe do some more gardening as I have a couple more plants to move/plant... Oh and I have a new computer, but I haven't even opened it cos that would mean sorting out a whole shed-load of files and backing stuff up and transferring stuff.... and not to mention cooking the evening meal and walking the dog...

Oh my now you can see why I'd rather be here!

Posted - May 27, 2018

Responses

I see why you are so overwhelmed. Maybe you can have the best of both worlds and just get the things done that are really important.  The tasks that can wait, can wait. This will lesson your load and your burden, but still make you feel like you got something done because you can choose what task really needs doing right now. Be easy on yourself. Tomorrow is Memorial Day. Just use that excuse if you are feeling guilty about not getting it all done. ;)
    lol
      May 27, 2018 7:14 AM MDT

ADDB is a perky Brit, in the UK.
    Memorial Day is observed here in America. 
      May 27, 2018 7:52 AM MDT

In the big picture, it‘s YOUR time after all. Do as much or as little as you please. It appears you have more than a single day’s tasks anyway. 

Cat fountain? 
      May 27, 2018 8:00 AM MDT

Yes, I have pampered pussies, they have an electric fountain that filters and keeps the water flowing as cats are said to tend to prefer moving water than still. Downside is someone has to clean it.. 

And if you think that's a lot to do, you should see my, 'to  do' list for tomorrow :P
      May 27, 2018 9:49 AM MDT

I’m a fan of the pampered ones....
      May 27, 2018 9:56 AM MDT

You just keep procrastinating until you get it all done.

May 27, 2018 8:14 AM MDT

You're seeing it from the wrong perspective.  You don't "have" to do anything.  The world won't end whether you do these things or not.

Why bother cleaning anything, it's only going to get dirty again (nature doesn't like clean things). 

Why would you want to garden when nature's  been doing it for millions of years?  That's a lot more experience than you'll ever have.  Have you ever seen an unhappy weed?  Of course not!  Nature knows exactly what king of plant to plant and where it'll thrive best.  Why waste your time fighting nature?   

Making the bed?  Why waste the time and energy making it when you're only going to mess it up again in a few hours?  I twas made once, that's good enough.

There's no such thing as a "new" computer.  That thing was outdated before you even got it into the house.  Why bother setting up something that's old?  Best to save your energy for something that's up-to-date.  

How many times have you looked into a mirror?  10...15 thousand?  So why bother looking at yourself on a video?  Nothing there you haven't already seen before.  Besides, you already wet through that once when it first happened.  It's sure not going to turn out any better the second, third or even the twelfth time you watch it.

You see, you're not procrastinating, your being smart. You're saving your time and energy for more important things ... eating, sleeping, watching TV, being on AM ... 
      May 27, 2018 9:14 AM MDT

I love your thinking :) 
      May 27, 2018 9:22 AM MDT

Hell, much of the time I am too lazy to even procrastinate.
      May 27, 2018 11:37 AM MDT

I'm always trying to procrastinate, but I keep putting it off!
      May 27, 2018 11:40 AM MDT

definitely
      May 28, 2018 4:03 PM MDT