Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Legal » What are some ways that the criminal element of society, especially white-collar ones, take advantage of well-meant laws and statutes? ~

What are some ways that the criminal element of society, especially white-collar ones, take advantage of well-meant laws and statutes? ~

Posted - May 28, 2018

Responses

they just do whatever they want and dont care
      May 28, 2018 2:44 PM MDT

Electronic fraud is the new highly educated criminals delight.....They run rings round the police ,banking systems and most all government departments....
    Wizz kids easilly hack into every security system including the USA and any government armament systems....

People spend so much on plastic  cards ....Card fraud in England is at a all time high and far more profitable than robbing banks  ....people rarely get caught for doing it either..
      May 28, 2018 3:36 PM MDT

Exercising criminal privilege like in the recent case in Colorado of a fellow sentenced to 300 years for raping a six year old being released because he did not get a speedy trial due to delays we can assume his defense played a part in causing. Meanwhile thousands across the land sit in jail not even having been charged. The American Injustice System, it is what it is. This post was edited by O-uknow at May 28, 2018 11:03 PM MDT
      May 28, 2018 4:02 PM MDT

(six year old six-year-old)
      May 28, 2018 5:32 PM MDT

You are getting sorta hinky about hyphens. You're not turning British are you?
      May 28, 2018 6:17 PM MDT

"Hinky"?  Whatever that means. It's not "hinkiness", it's the correct way the phrase is supposed to be written. 
      Approximately twenty or thirty years ago, the American education system stopped teaching the proper use of punctuation in the English language, along with a myriad of other aspects of grammar. As a sad result, there are even educators themselves these days who were raised and taught without its instruction. Many people today have absolutely no knowledge of how punctuation should be applied, so a person such as myself takes flak from many corners by those who assume that I am incorrect. 
    ~
      May 28, 2018 8:28 PM MDT

You're not incorrect, you're spouting stuff nobody has ever heard of. Even me, and I'm older'n dirt!
      May 29, 2018 12:15 AM MDT

No, it's not stuff that nobody has ever heard of, many texts back that up, too. 
    ~
      May 29, 2018 12:32 AM MDT

Randy, you are contradicting yourself. "there are even educators themselves these days who were raised and taught without its instruction."
      May 29, 2018 3:39 AM MDT

It's not a contradiction at all. If proper punctuation has not been taught for about thirty years, then a person who is 35 years old or younger and is in the field of education (i.e., an educator), he or she has not been instructed thereof. It does not mean the person is not an educator, it means the person is an educator who lacks that particular knowledge. 
    ~
      May 29, 2018 7:55 AM MDT

Investment fund managers buy and sell stocks within a fund with absurdly high frequency.  They report to their clients that they bought new stocks for more than they really paid and sold old stocks for less than they really collected.  They pocket the difference. This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at May 29, 2018 7:56 AM MDT
      May 28, 2018 10:19 PM MDT