Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Music » It's funny the songs that pop into our heads, seemingly for no apparent reason... What song in in your head or heart today?

It's funny the songs that pop into our heads, seemingly for no apparent reason... What song in in your head or heart today?

Here's mine and boy is it weird! Weird because I wasn't even aware I even knew it.. I must have heard it somewhere along the way... but for some reason it really speaks to me today.. which is also odd because it's almost the opposite of how I feel, with a mountain of worries and stress.. Maybe, just maybe it's telling me that this is how I SHOULD feel? Who knows!

Posted - June 19, 2018

Responses

I don't often get a tune stuck in my head, but every time somebody asks, this is the tune I think of:

June 19, 2018 11:08 PM MDT

Verrry nice.. I find it fascinating that some people and some don't.. I am a lyrics nut so it's partly the words that appeal.. they speak to me and more so, it seems if they are set to music. 

The title reminded me of an artist I love.. 
      June 20, 2018 1:54 PM MDT

Not related, but give it a try: https://dancingcat.com/
      June 27, 2018 10:52 AM MDT

• For some reason I hummed "Volare" this morning as I showered, and it's stuck in my head all day. Here's Andre Rieu doing much better justice to the song than I ever can.
      June 27, 2018 9:31 AM MDT

Lately I think about this song and love it when it comes on the radio and now I have the entire album and have been listening.

"Sober Up" by AJR 

I love the opening cello and the way the lead singer yells "How's it go again?" Happy song to me. I like the lead signer's voice quality a lot.

I like these AJR Brothers -- Ryan, Jack and Adam Met (thus, AJR)

:)

July 4, 2018 4:10 PM MDT