Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » What would you think of a person who hates God?

What would you think of a person who hates God?

https://us-east-1.tchyn.io/snopes-production/uploads/2016/08/trump-tweets-god.jpg

Posted - June 23, 2018

Responses

Fake News.
      June 23, 2018 9:58 PM MDT

Can you confirm fake news? 
      June 23, 2018 10:53 PM MDT

Not fake news, but it is satire.

Note in this article that he did call Obama "psycho". Oh, the irony!! 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-attacks-god-in-tweetstorm/
      June 24, 2018 7:19 PM MDT

Ah so! Thanks. 

I just got the notification now.
      June 27, 2018 10:55 PM MDT

We live in a free country. Everyone is entitled to his or her feelings and opinions and none of it bothers me.
      June 23, 2018 11:17 PM MDT

A person's private outside activities or beliefs probably should not be of any conern long as they are within the law and not negatively affecting/influencing how they do their job. Unfortunately though politics does involve a bit of mud slinging.. but seems odd that Mr Trump's 'spiritual advisor' (Paula White) claims God elevated Trump to become president if it is the case that Trump rejected God at some point.

Trump -being the person he is should have told her God had nothing to do with him winning the presidency -he did it under his own steam: personality,  intelligence and good looks. This post was edited by Kittigate at June 24, 2018 12:00 AM MDT
      June 23, 2018 11:48 PM MDT

Trump is (apparently) an Episcopalian, and has invoked God in numerous speeches, what grounds are there to say he “hates God”?  

If what you said about her is true, Paula White is obviously a nut-job, her view is her own. 
      June 24, 2018 4:36 AM MDT

Hate does seem too strong a term to use but saying 'paranoia against God' like Trump fearing God is out to get him didn't seem appropriate for the question.

Paula White is a Pentecostal televangelist and head pastor of New Destiny Christian Center mega church Apopka Florida. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/newsworld/americas/donald-trump-god-spiritual-advisor-obama-clinton-christian-orlando-religion-politics-paula-a7938856.html%3famp

June 24, 2018 6:52 AM MDT

I doubt very much if Donald is an Episcopalian, that is far too long a word for Donald to handle
      June 24, 2018 9:36 AM MDT

I noted “apparently” only because the yahoos at FoxNews reported about a recent visit to an Episcopal church here in Fla. My guess is it was just the closest church to his golf club.
    Trump isn’t nearly bright enough to be an atheist, and Ivanka had to convert to Judaism to marry Kushner, so he’s not Jewish. Frankly, I doubt his ego would permit him to worship anything but his own image. 
      June 24, 2018 9:50 AM MDT

Trump isn’t nearly bright enough to be an atheist

I can't stop chuckling
      June 27, 2018 7:27 PM MDT

So to you, just not believing in God gives the illusion of intelligence. My dogs don't believe in God. They don't pray before they eat or anything like that. I suppose it's hard to gain knowledge when you assume you are super intelligent and start with the premise that there is no God and work backwards from there. Many humble people have made a search and come to a different conclusion. I read somewhere that Einstein didn't believe in a personal God but that he wasn't a atheist. How ignorant, huh?

Funny that many modern scientist, like Hawking, believe that the universe had a beginning and many believe that the universe should not have come into existence on its own. If any of them put the two together and come up with the logical conclusion as to the cause, they would be laughed out of a job by the ones suffering from the illusion of intelligence.

https://www.newsweek.com/universe-should-not-exist-cern-scientists-discover-692500

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/59951/a-new-gallup-poll-shows-that-more-than-50-of-those-asked-believ/view/post_id/495439
    "Trump exudes what Stephen Hawking warned as “the greatest enemy of knowledge“: the illusion of intelligence."
      June 27, 2018 10:13 PM MDT

Again Texas, you prove a little bit of knowledge is dangerous. Your fledgling attempt at an original thought shows the project needs much more work.
    But please, continue to misconstrue my posts at your leisure and see how many minds you change. This post was edited by Don Barzini at June 28, 2018 4:50 AM MDT
      June 28, 2018 4:40 AM MDT

What did I misconstrue?
    You gave the premise that  “the greatest enemy of knowledge“ is "the illusion of intelligence" and you often talk about your super duper intelligence and everyone that doesn't believe like you do is inferior to you, yes?

June 28, 2018 6:23 AM MDT

I believe that he stated he's Presbyterian. I remember hearing that in an interview on some kind of religious program. He was asked about his faith and he talked about how he doesn't ask God for forgiveness (something that is pretty universal in every brand of Christianity). He said something like 'I don't have to because I don't make mistakes'. He did say that he "drank his little wine and ate his little cracker". 

I think he knows less about Christianity than most atheists. 
      June 24, 2018 7:32 PM MDT

Something else that is pretty universal in Christianity. 
      June 24, 2018 7:43 PM MDT

Your statement only makes any kind of sense with an underlying assumption that some kind of god exists in human form and has direct interest in and control of human events. Without that highly subjective and questionable assumption, it holds no water and is nonsense.
      June 24, 2018 5:06 AM MDT

If one hates God
    they hate their self.
    probably they don't realize 
    though,  that God exists within
    their self as their self.
         That being said
    we are free to think
    to think what we want
    so it is their choice
    and I don't think anything about it.

June 23, 2018 11:35 PM MDT

I would think they are every bit as mentally disturbed as to ones who love and converse with their imaginary friend.
      June 24, 2018 12:45 AM MDT

He seems to be a bit paranoid that God is out to 'get' him then he portraits himself just as good as God -maybe better.. if God et al was real I would think maybe Trump must be the 666 guy.
      June 24, 2018 1:03 AM MDT

Well put.....lol
      June 24, 2018 3:22 AM MDT

Sounds fake to me. If Trump were such an outspoken atheist, there would have been a lot more quotes a lot sooner.
      June 24, 2018 2:21 AM MDT

Atheists don’t hate God. 
      June 24, 2018 4:47 AM MDT

I have no concern if someone is wasting their time hating on fictional characters. No different to me than hating on the devil, or Loki, or Yosemite Sam. 

Just keep it out of our schools and public forums. 
      June 24, 2018 4:40 AM MDT