Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Do you think Fox News might have subliminal messages in its content that could turn rational people into Trump supporters?

Do you think Fox News might have subliminal messages in its content that could turn rational people into Trump supporters?

Posted - June 25, 2018

Responses

Do you think answermug.com has pixie dust in its electrons to turn normal people into crazed Trump haters?
      June 26, 2018 12:50 AM MDT

I think a lot of people watch whichever news outlet confirms their existing bias. News outlets are all about ratings, not about being impartial.  I see intelligent people on both sides of this divide and I am genuinely curious as to how each side thinks. It would be nice to hear a rational discussion. 
      June 26, 2018 5:21 AM MDT

How Brainwashing Works by Julia Layton.
    Social influence happens every minute of every day. It's the collection of ways in which people can change other people's attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors.

A lie told often enough becomes the truth. -Vladimir Lenin

A lie told once remains a lie but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth. -Joseph Goebbels

If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself. -Joseph Goebbels

President Trump lied more than 3,000 since taking office... This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at June 26, 2018 7:56 PM MDT
      June 26, 2018 5:49 AM MDT

• You mean the  way CNN and MSNBC does the same by turning the irrational among us into Liberals?
      June 26, 2018 5:55 AM MDT

I don't know of any conservatives who became liberal but that could happen. 
      June 26, 2018 6:23 AM MDT

It happens! We don't all follow in our misinformed parents' footsteps. I think that it takes a decent amount of compassion and intelligence, but it does happen. 

June 26, 2018 8:01 PM MDT

No, it is about issues. And the positions on those issues. I don't need Fox or CNN or MSNBC to tell me what to think or which candidate to support. I support the one who supports my policy positions.  I don't care about tweets or older news from 10+yrs ago.
      June 26, 2018 6:35 AM MDT

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. (George Santayana)

He didn't express whether a person who didn't care about the relationship between past and present were any different, but I'm fairly sure he had never met or anticipated today's milieu.

I remember Harrison Ford telling Tommy Lee Jones in the movie The Fugitive that he was innocent.

And the classic reply, "I don't care, Richard."

June 26, 2018 3:47 PM MDT

Yup. :)
      June 27, 2018 9:28 AM MDT

FOX ... subliminal?  LOL

They are pretty straight forward in their biases.
    Unlike the old ABC, CBS, and NBC ... which are more subtle, but still highly biased.
      June 26, 2018 6:43 AM MDT

Hope so. 
      June 26, 2018 7:20 AM MDT

No, they’re not that clever. They don’t have to be, Trumpers are already fooled. This post was edited by Don Barzini at June 26, 2018 8:02 PM MDT
      June 26, 2018 7:42 AM MDT

Well something has to explain the phenomenon.. most of us sit here in bemusement that it happened... something in the water? Subliminal messages? Mass insanity? 

Our news has to be impartial, they get told off if they don't present both sides and news readers and comments are supposed to be neutral. Emphasis is on presenting the facts and people can make up their own mind/ 
      June 26, 2018 12:32 PM MDT

I've been predicting such a President for decades ... a charismatic personality, who exploits the growing (government-encouraged) gap between people.

It was either that, or another "civil" war within the US.

The Republican and Democrat parties have been "asking for it" - with their constant, purposeful division of people and telling us to view those with differing opinions as "less than us".
      June 26, 2018 1:01 PM MDT

Well, seems you were right then... I have a few predictions of my  own and am fortunate enough to have been able to watch a few of these come true without being personally affected.
    Not at all convinced on the charismatic front tho as Trump has all the charisma of a slime mould.. he has no style and no class whatsoever, he's a vile, revolting creature. It's his lack of charisma that I detest most of all. I am saddened that depths have sunk so low if that horrible abomination of humanity stands for anything like charisma. 
      June 26, 2018 1:10 PM MDT

Not sure what other word to use, other than charisma ... even though it doesn't 100% fit the definition: "compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others".  

He obviously fits the "inspire devotion in others".
    I mean, even the media was "devoted" to following his antics prior to his election.

If you can think of a word that would fit, let me know.
      June 26, 2018 2:41 PM MDT

I can't think of another word right now, but "Charismatic people are confident in a positive way, without being boastful or egotistical."

Malignant Narcissist is two words---but not everything can be simplified.  
      June 26, 2018 3:51 PM MDT

Sociopath seems to fit nicely. 
      June 26, 2018 8:25 PM MDT

Amen
      June 26, 2018 4:27 PM MDT

Subliminal---(of a stimulus or mental process) below the threshold of sensation or consciousness; perceived by or affecting someone's mind without their being aware of it.

Well, there it is---The threshold of sensation or consciousness varies in people from birth.
      June 26, 2018 4:00 PM MDT

I had a book about subliminal advertising,  was interesting how the artist could put subliminal images in picture advertising.  Showed how to look carefully and often find what appeared to be naked women 'specially in booze adverts and certain wordings hidden in much other kind of advertising. 
      June 26, 2018 8:03 PM MDT

You know what's really funny? Faux News pretty much hated Trump until after he was nominated. There are dozens of articles about it online. Trump even said "CNN treats me much better than Fox does".

It'll be interesting to see if the right's support is really with Trump or if it's with Fox News, when all of this comes crashing down and they're forced to report the facts. 

June 26, 2018 8:20 PM MDT

Nope, Fox News had little to nothing to do with what happened in the election. It's just that the people were fed up with business as usual and sick and tired of the direction this country was taking, so they made a change. That change took the form of President Trump. And the liberals still haven't gotten over it. As always, just my opinion. :)
      June 27, 2018 9:26 AM MDT

And many at Fox news did not want Trump at all. They wanted Jeb Bush. (Thank God...we did not get another one of those)
      June 27, 2018 9:53 AM MDT