Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Did you ever think someone was flirting with you and then realize they were only being polite?

Did you ever think someone was flirting with you and then realize they were only being polite?

Posted - June 29, 2018

Responses

Long time ago when I was young and handsome i'd been with a group of people for a while when this young lady joined in. She singled me out being very nice,  polite and complimentary;  she was not attractive -kind of the opposite.  She bypassed flirty with agressiveness toward me so I had to avoid going with the group for a while.  When I came back she was still around but now she was avoiding me.  WHEW!
      June 30, 2018 12:09 AM MDT

Wishful thinking - the more so as you get older. 
      June 30, 2018 2:52 AM MDT

Never really.......most all guys that flirt with me are cheeky and mostly use clever innuendos .....rarely  rude or nasty though .....
    Its often really humousrous and I can't nearly always tell when it's going to happen by reading guys minds and body language...:) 
      June 30, 2018 3:09 AM MDT

Every time I go to the bank. LoL!

There's always a woman behind the counter who smiles at me and they all know my name.
    I used to think that one blonde woman in particular was going to be my next love interest for sure because she always seemed so happy to see me.
    Then I was working a job doing maintenance in a bank and I noticed the posters and objectives all over the wall in the lunch room reminding them to know their customers, smile and make their experience in the bank a great one.
    They also had post it notes behind the counter explaining exactly how to interact with customers and what to say on the phone.
    It made me realize that the blonde woman probably wasn't flirting with me and I should remember that.
    The same thing happened at a different bank.
    I walked in and there was a pretty brunette behind the counter smiling at me and being super nice.
    I was almost in love by the time I left. LoL!

Banks are trouble.
      June 30, 2018 6:15 AM MDT

Polite is thank you have a nice day. Flirting is thank you can I have your number so I can call you to conduct a personal survey.
    An unmistakable difference ;)
      June 30, 2018 6:21 PM MDT