Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Can you think of a national holiday that does not exist, but should? Example: my birthday.

Can you think of a national holiday that does not exist, but should? Example: my birthday.

Hey...The British Royal Family celebrates it.

Posted - July 1, 2018

Responses

National "forgive thy neighbor" day. On that day all criminal cases are judged with a probation ruling, instead of punishment.
      July 1, 2018 7:16 AM MDT

Yikes, that is scary. 
      July 1, 2018 7:50 AM MDT

National poor person's day.
    Single people and families that are below a certain income and can't ever afford a vacation should get a few extra paid days off every year while the higher ups still have to work.

July 1, 2018 7:29 AM MDT

Juggs Day has been celebrated for the last thirty years or less in here in England....     It's an event everyone keeps an eye open for I think.....:)D
      July 1, 2018 8:26 AM MDT

And so the Royals should celebrate your birthday... unfortunately it's still not a holiday here so probably wouldn't be there :P

I think there should be what we call a *bank holiday* one Monday our of every month... Most bank holidays don't seem to have much reason.. August bank holiday - what's that about? So, why can't we have more of them? 

Failing that how about, kitty hugging day, or national, 'I can't be bothered to go to work' day

July 1, 2018 8:34 AM MDT

The reason I said my birthday is that Prince Chucky and I have the same one. November 14. He is three years older.
      July 1, 2018 12:34 PM MDT

Could celebrate 'Buffalo Chip Day'  on the central plains in memory that buffalo chips were an essential fuel source for the early settlers.

In Canada could celebrate National Loon Day since the loon is a symbol of Canada. 95 percent of the world population of loons live in Canada  (ha ha). You will find the loon on Canada dollar coin which we call 'the loonie'.

In British Columbia we could celebrate 'Burpish Columbia Day' because British Columbians are the heaviest consumers of booze of all the provinces. This post was edited by Kittigate at July 1, 2018 12:35 PM MDT
      July 1, 2018 9:48 AM MDT

• Hug-a-Nevan Day is every December 24th (also my birthday and apparently Christmas Eve as well) :P
      July 1, 2018 10:12 AM MDT

In the USA, "Harriet Tubman Day."

World-wide, "Mother Teresa Day."

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 1, 2018 1:21 PM MDT
      July 1, 2018 11:00 AM MDT