Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Another week lies ahead.. are you looking forward to it? An unwritten essay or just more of the same?

Another week lies ahead.. are you looking forward to it? An unwritten essay or just more of the same?

Posted - July 1, 2018

Responses

The same political based stuff.
      July 1, 2018 10:53 AM MDT

(politically -based)

I agree with you: due to overuse and misuse, the term "breaking news" has lost ALL of its meaning lately.

~
      July 1, 2018 11:03 AM MDT

(The same political based stuff)  Grammar check before posting said OK...
      July 1, 2018 11:17 AM MDT

So-called "grammar check" doesn't always take into account the context of what's being written. You're under no obligation whatsoever to take my word for anything at any time. I balk at any situation wherein someone complete trust in what "grammar check" purports. 
    ~
      July 1, 2018 12:02 PM MDT

At my advanced age, I do my best with the little RAM that is left...
      July 1, 2018 12:15 PM MDT

Like a puppy trapped in a hole.
      July 1, 2018 12:51 PM MDT

Though I often have many challenges just "staying in the moment" (I can project imaginary negative things to the future, even though they never, ever happen), simply having a week full of "todays" is a gift to look forward to, I believe.

Perhaps this is silly but I buy Sparkle "Spirited Prints" paper towels -- they can inspire me when I least expect it -- grabbing for a paper towel. This is the inscription on one of them in the sets - -

"Love Big, Play Hard and Eat Dessert. Savor the Simple Things and Don't Worry about the Rest. Choose Today to be Amazing!"

Image result for sparkle spirited prints
      July 1, 2018 10:56 AM MDT

This year, my nation's Independence Day falls on a Wednesday. For that reason, many people have turned the entire week into a vacation (holiday), while some others will have a regular schedule part of the week, only interrupted on the 4th of July. I am scheduled to work Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, so I will celebrate on Wednesday. 

That sums up my coming week. 

~

July 1, 2018 11:11 AM MDT

That's cool.. I do remember it's your special day over there.. I have a very nasty but very important Occupational Health assessment... paid for by my employer but I so, so, so need them to be independent and not just ready to toe the line.. So it won't be a good day for me.. I will be thinking of all my American friends having a great day. 
      July 1, 2018 11:15 AM MDT

Thank you!

:)
      July 1, 2018 11:15 AM MDT

Oh more of the same.  Which at my age just suits me fine. 
      July 1, 2018 11:19 AM MDT

I am looking forward to my son and his family flying here from Seattle Tuesday.
      July 1, 2018 12:53 PM MDT

I just turned in a report with a glaring misspelled word.  I'm off to a bad start.  Frankly my dear I am at the point where I really don't give a darn. This last week was horrible. This word, is the icing on the cake. 
    Additionally I five credits i cannot do by December.  So I'm not in a hurry anymore, why should i be the only one. 
      July 1, 2018 1:14 PM MDT

I'm not looking forward to an entire week of explosions that will traumatize countless animals and humans. 

According to Forbes, Americans spend $600 MILLION dollars on fireworks. Imagine the good that could be done with all of that money. 
      July 1, 2018 1:15 PM MDT