Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Diet and Fitness » What is on your grocery list?

What is on your grocery list?

Image result for gifs of grocery lists

Posted - July 2, 2018

Responses

You could feed him a bit with a bottle...He would spit it up. Does that count?
      July 2, 2018 2:13 PM MDT

No one spits out my coffee......It's Frothy Man.......hehe.    :)D 
      July 2, 2018 2:26 PM MDT

We don't give babies glas or plastic to eat over here in England....plus babies don't have solid meals to eat for months and months....They just like Milk......:)
      July 3, 2018 2:38 AM MDT

There is not much on my shopping list. I plan on shopping once a year, but I get bored so I tend to go twice or even three times a year. I do most of my shopping at the scratch 'n dent store, and a list doesn't mean anything there. You just have to see what they offer and buy it if you are willing to eat that.

A couple years ago Salvation Army offered marshmallow creme for 25 cents a bottle. I said "ok, I'll take what five bucks will buy." That's 20 bottles! They also had chocolate-nut bars for a dime apiece, so I am all set for 20 batches of chocolate fudge.

I have not decided yet what to do with two cases of peanut butter, but hey! Who can pass up a bargain?

Edited to correct sloppy arithmetic! This post was edited by Not Sure at October 18, 2018 8:43 AM MDT
      July 3, 2018 12:09 AM MDT

It makes no difference. I make a list and forget it at home every time.
      July 3, 2018 3:56 AM MDT

Don't you hate it when that happens?!  I do and have it happen often, too! UGH!
      July 3, 2018 12:17 PM MDT

Cat food, frozen berries, prunes, raisins,oatmeal, powder milk, grapefruit, eggs last time I needed groceries.  I go to 3 different stores: Sunrise Market in Chinatown central -prices are dirt cheap but gotta use produce quick because it's old and near spoiling. Mostly elderly Chinese people shop there. Most shopping at Superstore in Metrotown,  a 25 minute skytrain ride away -everything I need and low prices.  Mostly families with kids shop there. Then there is T&T market nearby I go to get stuff I forgot at Superstore where a lot of young ladies shop who seem to like showing off a lot of bare skin 'specially this time of year. 
      July 3, 2018 8:49 AM MDT

This week everything has changed.
      July 3, 2018 8:50 AM MDT

This is my pantry. When I write, for example, "potatoes", that means "bring home a case of canned potatoes." If I want mashed potato flakes, that would be "mpot". The idea is to get enough to last a while, because a cab ride is at least fifty bux.
      July 3, 2018 10:00 AM MDT

Jewels, you have to catch a cab to go shopping?  My goodness!  Isn't there Uber or something a little less expensive?  I see why you stock up.  It would appear you like coffee :)  It's good too because you probably don't run out of things.  I probably go to the store at least three times a week.  A lot of that is because I work many strange hours and we don't have a big refrigerator/freezer or kitchen.
    At any rate, good for you for being prepared and I'm sorry it costs so much to go to the store. :( :) 
      July 3, 2018 12:15 PM MDT

• The very first thing that I saw in this picture is all of the coffee.  Coffee and Hershey's Cocoa (the real stuff).    It melted my heart.
      October 18, 2018 9:02 AM MDT

If it is over 3 items, I MUST have a list.  There are always the staples we need:
    1. Rum
    2. Beer
    3. Coffee
    After that, it varies ;)  Today we have
    4. Yogurt
    5. Apricots
    6.  Grapes
    7.  Walnuts
    8.  Watermelon
    9. Vodka
    10. Chicken salad

July 3, 2018 11:43 AM MDT

• i have a new grocery list everyday since i shop day to day otherwise my food will spoil

today's list
    - vanilla extract
    - shredded coconut
    - kiwi
    - almond milk
    - banana
    - fiji apples and green apple
    - brown rice

August 13, 2018 10:18 AM MDT

Whatever St. Mary's Food Bank gives me.

I load up once a month.

Then I fill in whatever I don't have.  Then I give the rest away.  I don't eat meat and many of the things they give away, but I give it away to those who can use it.   Because mostly they give away bread and eggs but, they have a surplus and I need to save every nickle I can.

Robin Hood.
      August 13, 2018 10:22 AM MDT

• So Far:

Body wash
    Chicken
    Avocado
    Honey
    Cinnamon
      October 18, 2018 8:42 AM MDT