Active Now

my2cents
Element 99
Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » What percentage of married Muslim Women woldwide do you suppose are happily married?

What percentage of married Muslim Women woldwide do you suppose are happily married?

Posted - August 13, 2016

Responses

Most, would be my guess. I tried to find research that backed it up, but all I found was one that focuses on American Muslims. http://quod.lib.umich.edu/j/jmmh/10381607.0007.201/--american-muslim-marital-quality-a-preliminary-investigation%3Frgn%3Dmain%3Bview%3Dfulltext 

The happiness rate is on par with other deeply religious groups, which is higher than the general population. Though Muslim women report being slightly less satisfied than the men, it's not by much. In other words, most American Muslim women are happier than their marriages than the rest of us are. Outside of the US, especially in Muslim countries, I bet the number is even higher, because there's less conflict between society and religion. 

August 13, 2016 8:04 PM MDT

Do you suppose the Islamic Guide to Properly Beating Your Wife has helped with this?

August 13, 2016 9:14 PM MDT

I don't know any Muslims who think this is ok- man or woman, in any country. I don't think it's fair to put what a few people do as an attribute of an entire population. The Muslim men I know, most of whom were not born in the US and come from various Muslim countries, are very loving and supportive husbands and their wives are genuinely happy in the marriage. 

August 13, 2016 9:32 PM MDT

The same per ratio as any other race, religion, creed or sect.  Including the white sect. Or probably much more happy than the white sect actually.  I think marriages among whitey are about 4x per lifetime, no?
    Sooooo happy.  No wonder you are trying to find love in all the other places.

Maybe you should convert.  They wed for life and take each other as God's message in the form of each other.  In other words, they mate for life and don't expect marriage to be all romance and stars like whitey does.  They know how hard marriage is.  They know how to keep their bond.  That is the secret to a long and "happy" union.  Think of the other person and not yourself.  In any race, creed or tribe.

August 13, 2016 9:40 PM MDT

I know some very nice Muslims as well and I doubt they would harm their wives but the fact is their religion condones it if the woman chooses to not put out.

I am not attributing anything to an entire population, I am merely exposing the true religious beliefs. Of course like most religions, the vast majority only follow the part we want to. those that follow the true teachings of any religion are called extremists with the exception of the Jews, no one talks bad about Jews in this country after all they have endured, even though much of their teaching are a lot like Islam. if Jewish People strictly followed the Torah and the rest of the old testament, they'd be a lot like Muslim extremists. i don't know of any Jewish people that still offer animal sacrifices and stone people to death.

August 13, 2016 9:43 PM MDT

• I'd say about the same number as non Muslim women.

August 14, 2016 1:17 PM MDT

• I think you should add Christians to your concoction there, buddy.

August 14, 2016 1:19 PM MDT

• I like Whitey, that's funny. I wonder if it would have the.same.effect if you had said blackey.

August 14, 2016 1:22 PM MDT

Maybe 1 percent.

August 14, 2016 5:55 PM MDT

None, except for Moochelle Obama, she's as happy as a pig in s--t!!!

August 15, 2016 6:47 AM MDT

Such maturity. 5th grader?

You know you have to be 14 to stay here not to violate ToS, right?

August 15, 2016 7:04 AM MDT

*like*

August 15, 2016 7:08 AM MDT

*like*

August 15, 2016 7:08 AM MDT

The secret of enjoying grudgingly given sex from your wife

Focus your eyes on her body, not her face. Focus on the visual pleasure you receive from looking at her body and physical pleasure you receive from being inside your wife.

BIBLICAL GENDER ROLES

August 15, 2016 7:38 AM MDT

Nah, 

(Ephesians 5:28) In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. A man who loves his wife loves himself,
    (1 Peter 3:7) You husbands, in the same way, continue dwelling with them according to knowledge. Assign them honor as to a weaker vessel, the feminine one, since they are also heirs with you of the undeserved favor of life, in order for your prayers not to be hindered.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2012642?q=women&p=par

Does God Really Care About Women?

August 15, 2016 8:29 AM MDT

• Thanks for introducing this voice of reason JA

August 15, 2016 1:16 PM MDT

• I don't like it that Semetic religions include the notion that women are inferior. Nor do I like how that affects the fate of women among the fundamentalist and creationist believers, even though beating is not necessarily a part of that.

I think the world is evolving away from such ancient practices - but as it does so, a tiny minority react with desperation to keep their old ways - so you get the kind of reactionary recidivism in the film clip above.

Imagine people living in the Middle East 3 - 4,000 years ago - nomadic tribes or herders in a rich land with a much higher rainfall and no overpopulation. Grazing animals typically live in flocks of females with one dominant breeding male and all others cast out into herds of bachelors who have to fight to win mating rights. Imagine a situation in which, as the populations increase and come into competition for resources, warfare gradually becomes more and more a normal part of life. You need men to fight because they are stronger, faster and more aggressive, and you need the females and elders to look after the children, sick and wounded, and carry on the work while the men are at war. For the tribe to have a competitive edge in survival it needs to be obedient to the war leader, to breed as many children as possible (the bigger the tribe the greater its strength in warriors and supporters,) a food culture that can survive without refrigeration, reliable water or sewerage, and you need a system of identity and common beliefs that provides a cohesive and successful means of bonding and holding together. The Semetic religions achieved this with incredible success.

But science, technology, medicine and education have led us to a point where no one needs that kind of faith in order to create a healthy and well-balanced society. So we are in transition. And it is a necessarily slow process.

Only 6% of people raised within a religion abandon it completely to become an atheist or agnostic. And only 3% of those raised as atheists later convert to a religion. At that rate, it will take several more centuries before religion dies out. But life in this current round of evolution will probably not that long because with our science and technology we have been too greedy.

August 15, 2016 1:59 PM MDT

*like*
      August 15, 2016 10:51 PM MDT

I just finished a comprehensive survey. 2.72%.

August 15, 2016 11:33 PM MDT

your answer JA

August 17, 2016 4:21 AM MDT

your response to the Camel JA

August 17, 2016 4:21 AM MDT
  • D&D

Not many I presume. I have lived amongst Muslims, so I can see the types of abuse women put up with (specifically from spouse / family). However, since most of my experiences come from developing societies it may not be true for developed Muslims societies. I know plenty of Muslims are Christians who think that a man raping his wife is 'not rape', telling their own daughters to 'suck it up' or 'be a good wife' or something of that line. Sexual crimes are rife. It's part of the beloved 'culture'.

August 17, 2016 4:43 AM MDT

Camel

1- "I am merely exposing the true religious beliefs" - how did you know that they are the TRUE religious beliefs?

2- "those that follow the true teachings of any religion are called extremists" - so if the true teachings say don't murder or commit adultery and you follow that, you're an extremist. Hmm you might have a sociological explanation for something there.

3- I see, after vilifying them and hounding them for centuries our remorse is such that "no one talks bad about Jews in this country after all they have endured, even though much of their teaching are a lot like Islam" And it's not as if we have no one to vilify and hound anymore. We have rediscovered our long lost enmity with Islam.

August 17, 2016 5:22 AM MDT

hartfire

some good open minded analytical thinking. [you'd make a good real Muslim :) ] A pleasure to read.

August 17, 2016 5:37 AM MDT