Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » What kind of stuff only happens in your state/ province or city?

What kind of stuff only happens in your state/ province or city?

I was reading a story the other day about a woman in her 90s who shot her son (70s) because she believed he was going to put her in a nursing home. The woman allegedly went into her son's room, shot him, had her gun wrestled away from her by the son's girlfriend, pulled out a second gun, had that one wrestled away from her, then sat on the sofa and patiently waited for police. Courtroom pictures show her in an orange jumpsuit in a wheelchair sitting before the judge. Oh, and her last name... "Blessing." 

I initially caught it in a UK news feed, but my first thought was, "I bet that happened here." Indeed. It was an Arizona story and I spotted it from a mile away simply because the people here are a special kind of crazy. 

What special kind of crazy are the people by you?

Article link for those interested: https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/04/us/elderly-woman-son-death-assisted-living-trnd/index.html 

Posted - July 5, 2018

Responses

• "If you live in Los Angeles and you want to take a picture of the city ...
                  you have to wait until it rains."

July 5, 2018 12:17 PM MDT

Ewww.... 
    I don't feel so bad now. Thank you.
      July 5, 2018 3:31 PM MDT

• Phoenix is getting worse, I know, but not considered Big Leagues yet. :)
      July 5, 2018 4:46 PM MDT

Our city is incredibly boring. The highlight of the year is...Wait, there is no highlight. Well, maybe the annual walleye fishing tournament or the annual LPGA tournament.
      July 5, 2018 1:20 PM MDT

Women playing with balls!
      July 5, 2018 4:35 PM MDT

Mostly white...a few pink. I have never gone there. Parking is a nightmare.
      July 6, 2018 6:04 AM MDT

My hometown has FIVE squirrel bridges ... so the squirrels don't cross the road and get hit by cars.  LOL

We also have a Squirrelfest, and a giant squirrel statue.  

We welcome our squirrel overlords.

https://lvsquirrelfest.com/
      July 5, 2018 1:36 PM MDT

Are you folks nuts?
      July 5, 2018 1:41 PM MDT

I was wondering if we could get Marvel's Squirrel Girl to show.

This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at July 6, 2018 6:00 AM MDT
      July 5, 2018 2:52 PM MDT

That is awesome. 
      July 5, 2018 3:32 PM MDT

During a festive occasion on River Street, people get drunk and fall into the river all the time.
      July 5, 2018 3:33 PM MDT

This is your typical town.   The same stuff that happens here happens everywhere else. 

Here's an example from our local police blotter - 

• 3:42 a.m. — An alarm went off in a business. A mannequin standing just inside the door was nearly shot. The business was fine.

• 5:26 a.m. – Someone called 911, then hung up. Dispatchers determined a dog accidentally made the call.

• 7:28 a.m. — A caller reported she found a pair of men's shorts under the sheets in her bed. The shorts were size 42, blue, had "what appeared to be flowers on them" and looked like they were clean and had never been worn. The caller advised she'd hold onto the shorts "in case something comes up."

• 9:31 a.m. — A caller reported an employee who is on leave and prohibited from entering the premises came into the business, pushed past employees, sat at a computer and did some work.

• 12:53 p.m. — A caller at reported a man with a chainsaw cutting down trees and yelling, "I'm selling trees."

• 2:49 p.m. — A caller reported someone has cut down the trees and is therefore reducing the oxygen in the area. The caller declined medical treatment for a lack of oxygen.

• 3:35 p.m. — A woman reported a traffic accident with no damage to her vehicle; she wanted to advise law enforcement that someone who doesn't know how to drive is out and about.

• 6:55 p.m. — A caller reported invisible people yelling from inside a wall, and requested an officer with x-ray vision.

• 7:06 p.m. — A caller wanted clearance to release federal classified information about the Antichrist.

• 8:46 p.m. — A caller reported a man who appeared altered, who stated he had died of an overdose and was now trapped in a female body.

• 11:21 p.m. — A woman reported that she's gained a lot of weight and doesn't know the reason for the weight gain. She declined medical treatment and then disconnected.

July 5, 2018 3:46 PM MDT

lol
      July 5, 2018 8:46 PM MDT

It is the 21st century and we still have an old Mexican lady who does not speak English carrying a bucket of tamales door to door to support herself.
      July 5, 2018 5:32 PM MDT

There is a free public nudist/clothing optional beach in Vancouver.  Wreck Beach.

www.wreckbeach.org

July 5, 2018 5:50 PM MDT