Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Have you ever been stung by a yellow-jacket?

Have you ever been stung by a yellow-jacket?

I was stung by one today, for the first time since I was 5 years old, on my left hand. My hand has been in intense pain for the past three hours. Fun times. 

Posted - July 9, 2018

Responses

I have never been stung by any animal that I can remember.  I have been chewed by red ants and that type of thing.  But nothing with a stinger ever stung me.

That I know of, in which case, it does not count.

The closest I can share is that my FAVORITE jacket (wool, yellow) is no longer part of my wardrobe and that stings.  I miss that jacket.

It was cool.

July 9, 2018 10:48 PM MDT

• "Nope" ... Honey Bee, Wasp & Tarantula Wasp

July 10, 2018 12:36 AM MDT

• A tarantula hawk's sting is said to be one of the painful things a person can experience. 
      July 10, 2018 9:36 AM MDT

•    It has been a while since it happened, so I don't remember how bad it hurt, but I remember that I pretty near knocked myself out trying to kill it.

I had long hair, almost shoulder-length, at the time and I was riding my motorcycle in a mountainous area when I felt something moving around in the hair that was sticking out of the bottom, of the back, of my helmet. I immediately started slapping my hair and neck trying to kill whatever it was before it did any damage to me.  I could tell it was pretty good sized, whatever it was and that didn't help matters!

I'm not sure if all the pain I felt was self-inflicted or not, but it was a scary few moments ... I can tell you!
      July 10, 2018 10:06 AM MDT

I don't think we have them in Australia. A honey bee sting almost killed me, I'm extremely allergic.
      July 10, 2018 2:42 AM MDT

It's midges and clegs in Scotland. 
      July 10, 2018 2:58 AM MDT

One brushed my arm once and even that was hard to put up with. I bought a can of stuff and soaked the nest.
      July 10, 2018 8:27 AM MDT

In the head, but that was in college.
      July 10, 2018 8:35 AM MDT

Ya once I accidently sliced into  a ground nest with a brush saw and got swarmed it was pretty scary. Cheers!
      July 10, 2018 9:16 AM MDT