Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Will nuclear annihilation be very noisy or very still? What is the sound of a nuclear bomb going off? Would it burst the eardrums?

Will nuclear annihilation be very noisy or very still? What is the sound of a nuclear bomb going off? Would it burst the eardrums?

Would it be very still like being in the EYE of an anything?

Posted - July 10, 2018

Responses

For most within a five mile radius ,they will melt almost instantly.....Have you not watched the documentary of the two tiny bombs dropped on Japan.....it's jaw dropping and leaves you shocked to see how much devastation one little bomb can do.....
    The bombs af today's designs are much much bigger,   I'm pretty sure they have all agreed to cap how big they can be made now.......
    In  theory I suppose ,there is no maximum size that's possible to be constructed.....
    There are also dirty bombs that pollute for countless thousands of years...

When Russia Chernobyl nuclear wo years before I was born......it contaminated the grass all over England and cows milk became contaminated .....I wonder what that's responsible for nowadays medically and concerning the higher number of cancer cases people are suffering from now...  
      July 10, 2018 7:44 AM MDT

They've been thinking of anti-matter bombs since the 1960's.
    We can now create anti-matter.

July 10, 2018 12:52 PM MDT

I have no idea what they are,....does that matter ? 
      July 10, 2018 12:57 PM MDT

Did you see the 2009 StarTrek movie?
    One little blob of anti-matter destroyed a giant, planet-mining starship that was capable of destroying entire planets (not to mention Starfleet's armada).
    StarTrek is famous for "eject the warp core" (which results in an anti-matter explosion). 

In theory, an anti-matter vs matter reaction could destroy far more than any nuclear bomb.
    Thankfully, so far all that seems to happen is the two molecules destroy each other and that's the end of it.

July 10, 2018 1:12 PM MDT

I've seen the first few movies ,but found the new ones hard work.....They lack a good storyline now and rely far to much on violence for my liking ...:(
      July 10, 2018 1:51 PM MDT

I don't like what JJAbrams did ... creating an alternate history time line with the first movie, and redoing the old movies and just changing some important scenes.  IE: Kirk dying instead of Spock, when they fight Khan.
      July 10, 2018 1:57 PM MDT

My brothers and dad like the first few, like me they watched a few of the later ones ,but do t bother anymore ...They were all brilliant in the fist ones as well ,but lost the plot big time with the follow ons 
      July 10, 2018 2:44 PM MDT

A 1kg matter-antimatter bomb will yield approximately 43% as much energy as the Tzar bomb.
      July 11, 2018 9:07 AM MDT

I don't recall seeing the documentary to which you allude D but I might have seen it and forgotten. You know some of my memory is gone forever due to the chemo I had in 2008. I saw film of the first bomb dropped and the mushroom cloud that appeared. I don't recall if there was any sound. I just wonder if the end will be noiseless or noisy? Thank you for your thoughtful reply D.
      July 11, 2018 3:34 AM MDT

It's on sky all the time over here Rosie..keep checking Discovery Chanel ,Yesterday ,PBS America ,H2 ,or Disc.History....
    they will all rerun again......it was sad.....but needed to be done....at that time  they were such an evil race....they still have no respect for animals.....and they still slaughter whales for food me ven though it's banned....:(
      July 11, 2018 5:32 AM MDT

What is "sky"  D?   I do watch the channels you mention. I  guess just not at the right times. Thanks for the info! :)
      July 11, 2018 6:41 AM MDT

I thought  everywhere has Sky TV.....it comes in via satellite and has so many channels ...just check the documentary channel every day......you'll soon find the programs...
      July 11, 2018 7:49 AM MDT

Never heard of it D. I'll Google it. Thank you.   :)
      July 11, 2018 8:25 AM MDT

Don't google Sky ...just google the programs you wish to see...:) 
      July 11, 2018 8:32 AM MDT

I believe that is the network that FOX/Murdock is wanting to buy.
      July 11, 2018 10:24 AM MDT

There were still restrictions on UK farmers 25 years on. Even now the latest generation of Belarus children (just over the border) are still affected. 
      July 11, 2018 7:00 AM MDT

Is there really....I never knew that,do you know what restrictions that is still existing....

I was shocked to find out that the USA army have tiny two man mobile nuclear weapons that fire around two miles plus ,designed to contaminate and kill soldiers massing.......How do you clear up the contamination that takes decades to decay...Nuclear weapons are beyond stupid ...
      July 11, 2018 7:39 AM MDT

HA...Now we know how young you are. Younger than my daughter.
      July 11, 2018 8:48 AM MDT

My bet is that you won't be even close at guessing my age.....lol....You can message me your guess and  have to promise to keep my secret when I tell you....hehe...
    :)D
      July 11, 2018 8:54 AM MDT

I have no idea but like Jugs I would say that we can have some idea from the nuclear weapons used in Japan - I don't think that noise and burst ear drums would be the main problem :(
      July 10, 2018 10:12 AM MDT

The few that survived the blast were desperate for water.......there was water from the damaged underground water pipes and the rain that fell from the sky......it was brown in colour and those that drank it  died even quicker from radiation poisoning..... 
      July 10, 2018 12:23 PM MDT

:( Horrible. 
      July 10, 2018 12:26 PM MDT

Have you heard the poem whose most famous lines are
    "This is the way the world ends. This is the way the world ends. This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper". I just wonder if it will be a big bang or a whimper? Thank you for your reply Addb and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      July 11, 2018 3:35 AM MDT

If you're close enough to be killed in the initial blast ... you won't hear it.

July 10, 2018 10:18 AM MDT