Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
CosmicWunderkind
Randy D
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » For whatever reason, you stay out all night instead of going home. You know how your significant other is; what might his/her reaction be? ~

For whatever reason, you stay out all night instead of going home. You know how your significant other is; what might his/her reaction be? ~

A) Call all the hospitals.
B) Gather up bail money.
C) Frantically contact everyone both of you know until someone sings. 
D) Change the locks. Hopefully the person you stayed with will take you in because you're not welcome back.
E) Wait patiently. Surely there's a good explanation.
F) Something else. (Please explain.)

NOTE: this question was inspired by a similar one recently posted by another member. 

Posted - July 20, 2018

Responses

F. He was used to it :P
      July 20, 2018 10:15 AM MDT

When I was young I was foolish enough to do that sometimes so I almost always got caught.  When we were first married we used to have an arrangement where if my husband was out of town I could stay with others.  Which now I never do because I just want to be home when he calls.  If I am not he knows what I am likely doing.  
      July 20, 2018 10:26 AM MDT

A
      July 20, 2018 10:27 AM MDT

i dont deal with that cause im not married
      July 20, 2018 4:43 PM MDT

If I stayed out all night he would be with me. 
      July 20, 2018 5:53 PM MDT

Big Smiles!!  Us too! :) :)
      July 20, 2018 6:17 PM MDT

MorningStar had the ultimate answer. In lieu of this, I will say E and F.

At first he would wait until it crept past the "your late" comfortable mode.  Once my tardiness passed that point, he would hunt me down and kill me.

Nooooo.  Next he would go through all the traits of anxiety. He would worry.  Then he'd be angry.  Then he'd worry some more and make the phone calls A, B, and the parents and police.  Then he'd get angry and sad and worry again.  The next step would be wonder.  He wouldn't wonder what happened to me at this point any longer.  Now he would wonder why we ever bought our stupidly expensive phones and get furious. Then, he'd be into anxious worry and frustration.  Finally, when I did show up, I don't think I'd be greeted with a hug.  I think I'd get yelled at and he would huck my phone off our balcony. Then, I might get a hug. It's questionable.  The last scene would be to lock the door from the outside.  He's be so glad I was home safe and sound. 

This post was edited by Merlin at July 21, 2018 11:52 PM MDT
      July 20, 2018 6:31 PM MDT

("you're late")

July 20, 2018 6:52 PM MDT

Boogie-Woogie-Randy D ~ After years of friendship, having all kinds of language and working affairs, some quick escapes out of windows, not to mention the slide of hand every now and again, and ALL the effort I put forth in answering honestly and completely, you come back with a contraction error?  That's it?  Am I getting the brush and watch your grammar, scoot?

sniff. snuffle.  Don't bother knocking.... not even three times (there's a song there ;).)    I'm sulking and shuffling my feet away from my computer.... :((. This post was edited by Merlin at July 21, 2018 11:52 PM MDT
      July 21, 2018 6:45 PM MDT

(slide of hand sleight of hand)
      July 21, 2018 8:17 PM MDT

I would get my bum smacked.....Now I've got a lot of time to kill before I get home this morning.....Still I'm hopping it will be worth waiting for...;)D
      July 20, 2018 6:37 PM MDT

Hey... wait a minute. lol

Well, the most recent one probably would have called me a million times and then started calling hospitals. The one before that would have just sat home and cried, worrying about every possible scenario but not trying to find out details. My ex-husband probably would have started polishing his gun.
      July 21, 2018 6:25 PM MDT

On whom would your ex-husband have used his gun; you, or someone else?

:|
      July 21, 2018 8:18 PM MDT

Depends on why I didn't come home. 
      July 21, 2018 10:49 PM MDT

Being single means I don’t have to deal with this situation. I’m also too old to be out all night. 
      July 21, 2018 11:54 PM MDT