Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Do you think that jelly/jello is underrated? If not then what's something you feel is great but is underrated food wise?

Do you think that jelly/jello is underrated? If not then what's something you feel is great but is underrated food wise?

I loveeeeeee jelly, I think you call it jello.. to me it's perfect.. a small, cool treat that's ready and waiting, like convenience food.

Posted - July 26, 2018

Responses

I don't eat jello a lot but I like it.

Rhubarb Pie

~ something that sort of looks disgusting but I love it

Image result for rhubarb pie This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 26, 2018 4:40 PM MDT
      July 26, 2018 11:46 AM MDT

I love it.  I always think of things to do with it.  The only thing I don't love is the fact that it is hard to leave out.  You have to keep it refrigerated so it does not travel well.

Otherwise?  Really refreshing.  Light and goes with almost anything. 

I want to do lemon jello with fresh blueberries.  Blueberries and lemon go well.  The colors sound good too.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 26, 2018 12:07 PM MDT
      July 26, 2018 11:50 AM MDT

Yayyy  a kindred jello fan. I love it in this hot weather we are having especially. 
      July 26, 2018 12:00 PM MDT

Well then I will gladly leave that to you!

How about seaweed?  Sea vegetables. 
      July 26, 2018 3:15 PM MDT

Cod liver on bread (with a drop of lemon). It is hard to find so I suppose few people like it.
      July 26, 2018 3:30 PM MDT

• "Yes, it's underrated."  It's versatile, inexpensive, easy to fix, more than likely has a world-wide popularity and the day I ran away from home, I swore I'd never eat it again!
      July 26, 2018 4:40 PM MDT

maybe
      July 26, 2018 4:57 PM MDT

I have always equated Jello with snot. After a while I learned that it's made from cow hooves. But I was unthrilled before I knew that.

Eggs are underrated. It takes vigorous advertising to get people to eat them as fast as chickens are making them. Of course, that is partly because the chickens get a lousy diet, so the eggs don't taste like eggs are supposed to taste. 

I have considered raising chickens at home, but I am not sure I want to do that much work. Especially when it becomes necessary to make chicken stew from them.
      July 27, 2018 12:16 AM MDT