Active Now

Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Language » Should Answermug elect a grammar council and a grammar president?

Should Answermug elect a grammar council and a grammar president?

Its too stand up too Randy!

Oh wait, he's sending the grammar military to quash the rebellion.

It wasn't my idea, Randy!

Posted - July 27, 2018

Responses

Oh Randy can get annoying with that but in general he is a standup guy. 
      July 27, 2018 8:41 AM MDT

Yes - if it means we can develop our own rules of grammar and not have to conform to outdated restrictions on apostrophe placement and the use of semicolons versus commas. i also think capitalizing letters is a waste of time.
      July 27, 2018 8:55 AM MDT

And to think that I used to like you. It's over, and please don't come crawling back to beg me for another chance. I simply cannot be with a woman who thinks that way about grammar.

(How do I get this stink off of me?)

~
      July 27, 2018 10:56 PM MDT

Finally!!
      July 28, 2018 2:37 AM MDT

Yes.  Let's focus on things that really matter.

Too bad that we have a leader that is imprisoning children.  Too bad we have a President that cannot even put two sentences together without making a fool of himself.

Let's correct commas on Answer Mug. 

It's called Grammar Denial.

July 27, 2018 9:11 AM MDT

• No way. Seen enough of that grammar Nazi BS on EP. My grammar is fine. Sure, I had few beers last night and wrote... I don't see no... rather than, I did not see any... and was insulted for that. People still knew what I meant. There's no need to impress anyone with your grammar skills on an anonymous website, so my vote is no to that silly idea. 

Gee,  I hope I put commas in the right place and used proper punctuation and word structure. Yeah right! Lmao

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 27, 2018 10:21 PM MDT
      July 27, 2018 3:15 PM MDT

That is the sort of arrogant pedantry up with which I will not put.
    (Falsely attributed to Winston Churchill.)
      July 27, 2018 4:05 PM MDT

I'd be happy just to get a grammar category or a grammar-related category. ("Communication", "Education" and "Language" already exist, but I am greedy.)  I have suggested it to management more than once, as anyone can see, no such action has taken place. 

~
      July 27, 2018 11:02 PM MDT

yes
      August 5, 2018 4:22 PM MDT