Active Now

Randy D
Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » If a small group of people showed up at your door, preaching scripture and pushing pamphlets about their beliefs, how do you handle it?

If a small group of people showed up at your door, preaching scripture and pushing pamphlets about their beliefs, how do you handle it?

Posted - July 28, 2018

Responses

I don't answer the door unless it is someone I know and they better call first.
      July 29, 2018 4:39 PM MDT

say i need to leave soon
      July 29, 2018 5:37 PM MDT

I don't answer the door.  If they catch me outside I tell them they aren't allowed on the property and they must leave.  Then I run into them at Winn Dixie or Publix and it's all good.  They know I am not a lost soul and I know they are doing what they believe to be right.    This is how normal people live.  
      July 29, 2018 8:52 PM MDT

Tell them that I'm just on my way out, take the pamphlet, (I may possibly read it while on the toilet as reading helps me relax), put it in the recycling bin. However, a sign on the door saying "no cold callers, no charities, no religious callers, and no junk mail," works pretty well."

August 1, 2018 10:00 AM MDT

Well, with the JW's, they usually identify themselves.  My response is "Don't apologize," while slowly closing the door.

They promote the Arian heresy, and I really have no time for them.
      August 1, 2018 6:12 PM MDT

i would probably tell thenn to leave
      August 5, 2018 3:57 PM MDT