Active Now

Danilo_G
DannyPetti
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » In the past 24 hours prior to you answering this, what sight did you see (either good or bad) that you won't soon forget? ~

In the past 24 hours prior to you answering this, what sight did you see (either good or bad) that you won't soon forget? ~

Posted - August 5, 2018

Responses

I saw a few tings - It "snowed" ash.  Although it looked almost exactly like snow, it wasn't  - and it stuck to everything.
    I saw a dark orange sun suddenly vanish at noontime - and it didn't reappear until it was nearly set.  Ever see the sunset after a rainstorm goes by?  The golden look as the sun drops below the cloud deck, making the clouds in the eastern sky turn dark black?  Try saying that only without any clouds, just thick, thick smoke.
      August 5, 2018 9:29 PM MDT

I am sorry Shuhak.  My parents are experiencing the same thing.  It is very sad and a little frightening.  I feel for all the animals, flowers, and trees, too.  I hope you and your animals are safe.  I can't believe I'm going to say this, but, try not to do strenuous exercise where you might have to breathe in smoke heavily.  Take Care and I hope it soon passes. 
      August 6, 2018 8:39 AM MDT

It's very unnerving as one can't tell if the smoke/ash is coming from one of the big fires, or from some new fire closeby.   Due to asthma, I limit the time I have to be outside.
      August 6, 2018 9:02 AM MDT

I was talking to mom yesterday and she had the same concerns.  I remember the fires down here a couple years ago.  They are horrifying.  It goes to remind you how powerful mother nature is and how fragile we actually are.  We were on the line to be evacuated.  We did once but only for a day and a night.
    I'm sure it must do a number on your lungs with asthma.  That makes it all the more frightening.
    I'll be thinking of you and sending vibes all day.  Please stay safe. This post was edited by Merlin at August 6, 2018 1:53 PM MDT
      August 6, 2018 9:26 AM MDT

An incredible water feature going into a house under construction.  It's hard to explain but I will say, it is large and beautiful.  I would like to have it in my house in my next life.  I'm sure I won't be able to afford it in this one. :) :)
      August 5, 2018 10:09 PM MDT

I clicked a link on facebook but I couldn't see the video because the screen was obscured by a popup asking for my email addy. I dismissed that but then there was another popup. And through it all there was like a toolbar across the top telling me that this site uses cookies, which has been true of all websites for twenty years. I never did get to see the video because I am not putting up with any more websites that throw popup crap in front of the content.
      August 6, 2018 1:19 AM MDT

Amen to that!
    :)
      August 6, 2018 1:54 PM MDT

For a brief moment, I pondered this. "Why, I haven't really even left my computer much," I thought.

The visit to the old folks' home? Nope. Thankfully, that was very much forgettable. No eye bleach necessary. 

My drive to the store? Still nope. I don't even recall the cashier's face. 

My seven-year-old slaughtering me repeatedly in Bowmasters? The graphics were hilarious, but he beat me with a ton of different characters and all I vaguely remember is blood everywhere  and his maniacal laughter. 

No... really nothing that will be forever etched in my brain... because all I've been doing is Mugging and research and...

Oh.

Now I remember. s@!t

OMG. My eyes. Make it stop! 

I would tell you about it, but I'm all out of bleach.
      August 6, 2018 2:08 AM MDT

(I had to look up Bowmasters, lol.)

~
      August 6, 2018 6:44 AM MDT

OMG WOMEN!!!  Are you O.k.?  Triple-Dog Down OUCH!!!!!!!!  My eyes are watering at the mere thought.

Now that I can see again, I have a few thoughts on what really happened.

A.  Your seven-year old knows a back-door on Bowmaster.  When she has her guard down, take her shooting-eye out.  B.B. Guns are the best but bleach will do.
    B.  Your loving dog wanted to help and showed up with a little too much enthusiasm.
    C.  Your kids were actually playing ball in the house and missed the lamp but hit the bleach in your hand instead.
    D.  You were desperate for an excuse from the doctor's office to give yourself a day off.

This is a high price to pay for your kids to have the whitest whites on the block.  It might be the last thing you see, EVER! 
    All I can say is, it's a good thing it was your left eye!  I'm winking with you, at you!

Really though, be careful sweets.  I hope you're better than just o.k.  Eyes are tricky and we need them.  You wear yours well.  Let's try and keep it that way. ;) ;) This post was edited by Merlin at August 6, 2018 1:55 PM MDT
      August 6, 2018 9:11 AM MDT

Dinosaur tracks.
      August 6, 2018 7:29 AM MDT

a certain man
      August 6, 2018 1:52 PM MDT

cant think of anything right now
      August 6, 2018 2:50 PM MDT