Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Element 99
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » What is one pet peeve you have, that no matter how much you try to overlook it, still drives you up a wall everytime?

What is one pet peeve you have, that no matter how much you try to overlook it, still drives you up a wall everytime?

Everybody has something, what’s at the top of your list?

Posted - August 7, 2018

Responses

neighbors being loud, i find that annoying
      August 8, 2018 5:34 PM MDT

Luckily I don't have that problem.  I can't imagine living in a big apartment complex so close to so many people.  
      August 8, 2018 9:28 PM MDT

When labels aren't facing outward. Even when I go shopping I'm moving things around so the label is nice and visible because it just irritates me when it's not.
      August 8, 2018 7:19 PM MDT

Unfortunately, other folks may be irritated by those who exhibit anal retentive tendencies such as this.
      August 9, 2018 6:00 PM MDT

I know my sister is because she's a slob and she's stuck living with a neat freak like me.
      August 9, 2018 6:09 PM MDT

Another grammatical issue: People who ignore (or worse, don't know) the difference between LESS and FEWER. They say dumb things such as, "There are less cars on the road at night" or "There were less people at yesterday's game than Sunday's." It even happens at supermarkets with signs reading, "Express checkout - 15 items or less."

Related to this is those who can't or won't differentiate between AMOUNT and NUMBER. These geniuses might say, "The team that scores the most amount of points wins."

AAARGH!
      August 8, 2018 11:11 PM MDT