Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » What is one pet peeve you have, that no matter how much you try to overlook it, still drives you up a wall everytime?

What is one pet peeve you have, that no matter how much you try to overlook it, still drives you up a wall everytime?

Everybody has something, what’s at the top of your list?

Posted - August 7, 2018

Responses

Consequent ignorance---"lack of knowledge that a person should have through his own fault or laziness and with no interest in correcting the situation."

August 7, 2018 7:37 PM MDT

Oh yes, one that you and I share, Tom.

Though I am personally more put off by Obvious Ignorance; and slightly less so by Cognitive Dissonance.  
      August 7, 2018 8:19 PM MDT

When I meed someone with consequent ignorance, it is with great pleasure that I make sure that they experience cognitive dissonance.
      August 9, 2018 5:56 PM MDT

1)  Where should I start?
      2)  How much time do you have?

~
      August 7, 2018 8:49 PM MDT

Grammar. :)
      August 7, 2018 8:49 PM MDT

Don't provoke him Rizz. He might find your misspelled word up above.
      August 8, 2018 7:16 AM MDT

I was being sarcastic.
      August 8, 2018 1:56 PM MDT

(every time)

Two words, not one. 

August 7, 2018 8:50 PM MDT

That's a good example of one of my pet peeves.
      August 7, 2018 8:54 PM MDT

People putting the wrong materials into the recycle bins. In the back alleys where I live we have bins for glass containers - plastics/metal containers and paper products.  Sometimes I go around for a few blocks of back alleys taking paper materials out of the metal/glass container bins, etc. and sometimes garbage out of all the bins. 
    I have even found clothing and shoes in the container bins. I guess it's understandable that clothing/shoes are a sort of people containers but y'know...

And something to do for an old eccentric retired guy anyway.  This post was edited by Kittigate at August 8, 2018 7:25 PM MDT
      August 7, 2018 9:22 PM MDT

I can't even imagine how bored I would have to be........................
      August 7, 2018 9:42 PM MDT

Sometimes I pick up good reading material from the paper bins and this year I bought a new boat with all the money I have found tucked between the pages of books.
      August 7, 2018 9:58 PM MDT

At my job, there are black trash cans for regular trash and blue trash cans for recycling. Each is the same size as the other, each is clearly marked, and wherever a trash can is located, a recycle bin is located right next to it. In theory, everything should go fine, right?
      Nope. 
      Hardly anyone pays any attention where trash is supposed to go and where recyclables are supposed to go, each receptacle is daily filled with both trash a recyclables. The janitorial crew no longer separates trash from recyclables: if even one recyclable item is in a trash can, it gets thrown out with the trash. If even one piece of trash is in a recycle bin, the entire contents get thrown out as trash. The precise purpose for dual receptacles became moot, so mischief to the point that the recycling program was completely shut down over a year ago. 
      We still have black and blue; they're invisibly used interchangeably.

Nobody cared. 

:|

August 7, 2018 9:45 PM MDT

Yeah that's too bad. We've had recycle bins for about 15 years now successfully enough so that it is continuing. They just started putting out bins for organics/food waste which is recycled into plant soil.
      August 7, 2018 9:54 PM MDT

People are lazy, Kittigate. And could we say their conscience could use some work...
      August 8, 2018 4:17 AM MDT

Hey, at least you didn't try wearing the trash bags as clothing!
      August 8, 2018 11:39 AM MDT

Yeah it probably wouldn't work trying to iron the wrinkles out.
      August 8, 2018 11:51 AM MDT

It's like at work we have recycle bins for plastic bags and I often ge the fun job combing through it and getting all the non-plastic out of there. I even find old food and used pads in there. Those aren't recyclable, people! It's a huge blue bin with a recycle sign on it and a huge sign saying "plastics only!" but people just ignore it apparently.
      August 8, 2018 7:29 PM MDT

Waiting rooms with TVs.  No way no how.  I will not.

Also dogs in public places.  I stopped going to three of my regular shopping places because of them letting people bring in dogs.  Well, finally, it has stopped almost everywhere.  Why the hell do people think it's OK to bring dogs into public places to start with?  I've been very vocal about it both with management and the people who have their canines with them.    This post was edited by Thriftymaid at August 8, 2018 7:20 AM MDT
      August 7, 2018 9:33 PM MDT

I’ve left businesses for this very reason. It’s like that foolishness with “comfort animals”- think of that cretin who tried to bring a peacock on an airline flight. Unending entitlement. 
      August 8, 2018 4:22 AM MDT

I have too.  I don't quietly leave either.  If you don't make a scene, or at least let the manager know, it has no effect at all.  
      August 8, 2018 8:45 AM MDT

I can see people bringing their service animals, but it's now to the point where they are bringing pets. 
      August 8, 2018 5:07 AM MDT

Certified service dogs are a given.  All others should not be in public buildings.  Some restaurants are even allowing dogs in their outdoor dining areas.  I don't even agree with that.
      August 8, 2018 8:33 AM MDT

We have a lot of those here. It doesn't seem to bother me as much if they are outside, as long as they behave themselves.
      August 8, 2018 12:45 PM MDT

For owners to assume that the general public wants to enjoy the company of little FIFI or Big Butch is ultimate arrogance.  
      August 8, 2018 9:19 PM MDT