Active Now

Element 99
Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What are some reasons that a person would hide in a bathroom or a public restroom? ~

What are some reasons that a person would hide in a bathroom or a public restroom? ~

Posted - August 10, 2018

Responses

Her yellow, polka-dot bikini was itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny.
      August 10, 2018 7:51 AM MDT

That's because  she didn't give it a chance.  I mean it was the first time she'd worn it.
      August 10, 2018 8:59 AM MDT

Because most places have them inside buildings where you are at in that moment.  Also, most of them have stalls with doors. In public, many are separated by gender.  This subconsciously allows you to believe the opposite gender is not going to go in the other.  You think you lower your chances of getting caught by 50%.  Of course, that normally doesn't happen if you are being chased.  I don't think they stop and see if it says "men" or "women."
    Another false feeling of security is not being able to be seen if we stand on the toilet.  We think the people looking for us won't peek, if they don't see our feet.  Unfortunately, during that moment of wisdom when you think you've out-smarted them, the person or people looking for you ARE going to push that door open anyway. 
    There is always the window.  If you are in a private home or some gas stations have windows in their bathrooms.  You just might be able to make your escape through that!! RUN  into the bathroom!  Now lock the door!!  Wrestle with getting the window out of the runners and pull it out! Rip out the screen! Wiggle through it, and JUMP!  Did you make it?? This post was edited by Merlin at August 16, 2018 11:05 PM MDT
      August 10, 2018 8:56 AM MDT

Thank you Randy! :) :)

A quick FYI.... I did make it out the gas station window and I do have the $20,000.  Let's meet on the outskirts of your ranch and I'll give you your share.  About noon alright with you? Big winks and smiles! This post was edited by Merlin at August 16, 2018 8:50 PM MDT
      August 10, 2018 9:24 AM MDT

You're not wearing a wire this time, are you?  I'm still miffed about that Nova Scotia job where you needed leverage to clear your name so you have them mine instead.  Grrrrrrrrr. 
    Make it midnight. Less chance of us being filmed by surveillance cameras . . .

~
      August 10, 2018 9:48 AM MDT

Love your moon.  
      August 10, 2018 2:18 PM MDT

* The garage was occupied (you've been there for over an hour!)
    * They have serious case of Parcopresis (nobody look!)
    * They enjoy the smell (that's not what 'eau de toilette' means)
    * They want to flaunt the fact that don't have claustrophobia (and I also like closets, and boxes, and coffins, and...)
    * The acoustics in there are fabulous (but they want to remain anonymous)
    * They don't want anyone to know that they accidentally dropped their phone "somewhere" in there (and they really don't want it back)
    * When playing hide and seek it's usually the last place anyone will look (come out, come out wherever you are)
    * For the same reason that people climb mountains - because it's there (and next week I'll be hiding in the pantry)
      August 10, 2018 9:16 AM MDT

LOL, they're all great, but my favorite is: (that's not what 'eau de toilette' means). 

I almost regret having already given Asker's Pick!  Shhhhhh, don't tell Merlie!

~
      August 10, 2018 9:51 AM MDT

If you took AP from Merlin, you wouldn't get your cut.
      August 10, 2018 1:56 PM MDT

It's a good thing I didn't meet him at noon!  HA! This isn't the first time he's double-crossed me either!!!
    He just goes to prove,
    "There is no honor among thieves."  
    Two-timing man on a big ranch!  That's what he is.  He got that ranch because of the Italian Job.  He's probably forgotten. Well I haven't and either has Mark Walberg. 
    Two can play at this game.  Meet me outside the gas station on the corner of Main and Park st.  I'm giving his cut to you!!!
    That'll learn him!!!
      August 10, 2018 2:12 PM MDT

Many of our public restrooms are designated storm shelters. I may hide in one if a tornado warning sounds.
      August 10, 2018 9:24 AM MDT

That's a very good point, I hadn't considered it.

(When I saw that you had responded and before I clicked on your answer, I thought it might be some rubbish about avoiding a supposed "stalker" who was ignoring those pesky and revolving restraining orders you've frivolously placed against me, er, I mean against him, I meant to say him, HIM. Anyway, I had a rebuttal in the holster and ready to go. Thank you for not going there, and I'll save that rebuttal for the next opportunity.)

~
      August 10, 2018 9:44 AM MDT

Sometimes you don't make any sense at all.
      August 10, 2018 2:56 PM MDT

And yet, you still want me. Go figure. 
    ~
      August 10, 2018 7:24 PM MDT

The world is a cruel, deadly place and it's scary out there. This post was edited by Zack at August 16, 2018 8:50 PM MDT
      August 10, 2018 9:52 AM MDT

The usual reasons are #1 and #2. It is a crime in many places to attend to those needs outside.
      August 10, 2018 11:28 AM MDT

Because there was nowhere else to Go.......hehe 
      August 10, 2018 1:58 PM MDT

Your looney-Jack-Nicholson husband has chased you in there

August 16, 2018 4:59 PM MDT

• There used to be a saying, coined by a woman it would seem .... "The safest place in the world is under a toilet.  No man has hit it yet!"
      August 16, 2018 5:19 PM MDT

They are in there to hide from Security after shoving a new shirt in there pants.
      August 16, 2018 8:49 PM MDT