Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Arts » Do you have a favourite painting? Why is it your favourite?

Do you have a favourite painting? Why is it your favourite?

Mine is the 'Archduke Leopold's gallery' I first saw it in Petworth Place UK, which is near me but which I only visited relatively recently.  I just fell in love with the picture..  I had someone very special to me whose favourite painting was, 'The fighting Temeraire' - he took me to the National Gallery. London to see it as he loved it so much and wanted me to share his joy regarding the painting.. 

I am wondering, if other people have favourites? 

Related image

Posted - August 30, 2018

Responses

It is a beautiful ship.  At first glance it reminded me of a beautiful dress, the colors and the trim. I'm sure in person it was even more beautiful. 
      August 30, 2018 2:54 PM MDT

Mona Lisa, because I always associate the painting with one of my favorite songs...
      August 30, 2018 4:20 PM MDT

He had such a wonderful comforting voice. 
      August 30, 2018 6:43 PM MDT

"Nighthawks" by Edward Hopper

I've liked it immensely since I first saw it as one of the paintings in the board game "Masterpiece" (a favorite board game of mine).

Somehow the painting has always evoked emotions deep within me (even as a youngster), yet, I still cannot pinpoint the exact emotions I feel.

Image result for nighthawks painting This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 7, 2018 2:55 PM MDT
      August 30, 2018 7:27 PM MDT

• This may be my favorite "A Bar at the Folies-Bergere" by Manet:

Another favorite of mine is Demoiselles D'Avignon by Picasso:

I also like "The Son of Man" by Magritte as well as Picasso's "Three Musicians". Why? I'm not sure. These paintings have appealed to me ever since I first saw them.
      August 30, 2018 7:33 PM MDT

not really, i like all of thenn
      September 7, 2018 2:51 PM MDT

My back fence is well painted a lovely shade of Green.
      September 26, 2018 3:11 PM MDT

I painted an apple when I was eight years old....it looked amazing and was really shiny ...it tasted awful though...:( 
      September 26, 2018 3:15 PM MDT