Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What the world needs now, is love, sweet love? If not that, what would heal the world?

What the world needs now, is love, sweet love? If not that, what would heal the world?

Posted - September 7, 2018

Responses

So you‘re admitting your hatred for Trump is wrong and you should drop it? The irony in this question after stating you hate Trump. You can’t preach love and then boast about your hatred.  This post was edited by Rizz at September 7, 2018 11:07 AM MDT
      September 7, 2018 10:58 AM MDT

Oh dear oh dear you do seem to be in a tizzy about something.. got something on your mind there? I wasn't entirely sure what you meant.. but I did glean that you seem to be worried about my dislike of Trump and you seem to feel that creates a dichotomy? 

Please let me reassure you and explain.. I do love logic, me.. So.. if we believe that love is a universal panacea, (and remember I wasn't saying it was.. I was merely asking a question so perhaps your ire is misplaced here?) then logically, we have to accept that even within that context there will always be those who are not lovable, perhaps not deemed worthy of love..  For instance, in accepting and loving our fellow man.. would we extend this to child abusers? Those who torture animals or people for fun.. Would YOU extend it to your pal Hilary? Or would you also have people you would exclude from the love? 

Anyway, all good things to think about.. there for ya... And do remember that a) I wasn't saying anything about the merits or dis-merits and b) let's not get personal eh? 
      September 7, 2018 11:05 AM MDT

I’m only pointing out hypocrisy. I’m not in a “tizzy”. I’ve been reserved and calm for me in my responses. I get nothing liking Trump. I’ll say it again: I didn’t vote for him, nor am I a supporter of him. I still have some rational and sanity left in me to prevent me from having a blinded hatred and bias. If I was in a tizzy, my attitude would be much worse. 
      September 7, 2018 11:11 AM MDT

hmm no.. you think you are pointing out hypocrisy.. I do believe you think it.. but unfortunately, as I explained.. there was no hypocrisy. I was pretty sure I was quite clear and plain in explaining that.. I always like to educate and inform.. 

As to Trump.. i can totally assure you that my immense disgust for him is not in any way blind.. I know exactly why I hate him and it's based on observable and quantifiable behaviour, his own words and his own actions.. So very good reasons.. And DO remember that unlike many there I have no axe to grind politically.. its HIS behaviour, his idiocy, his vile lack of class and his amoral words and actions. 

But either way, it might be useful to go look at the question again - I am concerned you seem to be jumping to conclusions there. 
      September 7, 2018 11:22 AM MDT

PS I have to go cook but will be back later. 
      September 7, 2018 11:22 AM MDT

Ok so in  between stirring food, I am all yours :P My thinking here is, and I get that you may have got this already... that I didn't SAY I believe love is or isn't the answer.. I merely asked a question, as I often do.. I made no attempt either way to express my own opinion on it.. I have touched on that in my replies here.. i.e that it's unrealistic, simplistic.. SO the thing here is.. I never said anything that was hypocritical.. I just didn't.. SO yea I called that out.. it's a fault of mine..  I am a stickler for detail me.. 

And the tizzy thing.. well see, you were going around accusing a perfect stranger of hypocrisy,  and you had gone out of your way to answer a post of mine, negatively... and using words that, in conjunction with discussions elsewhere, indicated a vehement stance... aka a bit tizzy like.. SO I tackled that.. 

As to love, love, love..  when we examine  what I have done this evening.. I allegedly, 'defended' someone.. Sounds pretty 'nice' and loving, full of the milk of human kindness to me.. I never like to see people attacking and ganging up on others.. I dislike bullying and I want to see people who feel able to engage in debate without personal attacks..

All I 'did' was ask a question about love.. and what would heal the world.. Sounds pretty sweet and loving to me - the desire or wonderment about what might heal the world, if it can be healed... Hardly terrorist behaviour? Hardly inflammatory even? 

And, in another post... I talked about the propensity some have of turning everything into leftist/rightist diatribe.. My motivation was honourable - I want people to avoid calling each other names.. (Trump's the exception there lol) and labelling others.. I come from a nation where we don't have this left/right and hater labelling the moment someone says something we disapprove of.. It seems to me that that's a pretty loving and lovable kinda thing to do?  It stems from concern and respect for people.. 

Apart from Trump, I seem a pretty loving kinda girl... And hey I forgive myself for that because we know that, as I said, EVERYONE has things and people they hate.. It doesn't make them a bad person, it doesn't make them not loving.. Like I say, few would love child abusers, few love Hitler, or Castro.. and many of those who disapprove of my immense dislike of Strumpet.. have equal venom for Clinton... so pot, kettle black.. 

I am a humanist.. I care about humanity.. lol I am not sure Strumpet fits in there :P 
      September 7, 2018 12:27 PM MDT

Not sure you understand President Trump's significance unless you understand the political situation here.  Would guess you get your information from mainstream media committed to a vendetta against him.  And please remember that all men can't be Cary Grant or whatever our idea of "class" may be. Just they can't all be geniuses or all suave gentlemen or without fault.  Which goes for us as well.  He has his strong points and his weak points as we all do and we need to accept the whole person just as we want others to accept us.  I was brought up, or learned, to behave in certain ways for certain reasons.  Which I do because that is me.  He has his own reasons which though I may not agree with all of them nor with all of his behavior I would not presume to judge him.  Because I know that as hard as I may try (and sometimes I don't try hard enough!) that I am imperfect.  Would I wish to bear the brunt of all the hate campaigns that he has to deal with on a daily basis?    No I would not and goodness I don't have that think a skin.  So I will respect him as a person and cherish him for his beliefs that I cherish and honor him as a public official and just let him do the job he was elected to do. 
      September 12, 2018 5:56 AM MDT

HUH?
      September 7, 2018 2:07 PM MDT

A grievance I have stemming from another conversation and question. I’m too lazy to explain. 
      September 7, 2018 2:17 PM MDT

No.
    We need unisex bathrooms, with Barry White music ... obviously

This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at September 9, 2018 6:52 AM MDT
      September 7, 2018 11:39 AM MDT

It would work for me :) I cannot imagine how anyone could fail to be soothed by Barry White's voice. 
      September 9, 2018 6:53 AM MDT

love probably
      September 7, 2018 11:41 AM MDT

The world will heal itself when the human race is extinct. What can save humanity? Nothing.
      September 7, 2018 2:09 PM MDT

Love would be great.   But it could also use some common sense (we have an epidemic of stupidity)
      September 7, 2018 3:25 PM MDT

If only the world could quiet down and listen to her . . . 

one of my favorite and incredibly appealing and funny comediennes!

Image result for dawn french This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 12, 2018 5:39 AM MDT
      September 7, 2018 6:57 PM MDT

I adore her too :)
      September 9, 2018 6:53 AM MDT

September 8, 2018 9:07 AM MDT

That would work for me too :)
      September 9, 2018 6:54 AM MDT

Knowing there is hope for the future under a just world government that will deal and satisfisfy the physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual needs of every single person. (Isaiah 9:6,7)
      September 11, 2018 11:35 PM MDT

First maybe we should start with respect; people gotta honestly earn the respect they could be entitled to for the sake of love.
      September 12, 2018 2:35 AM MDT

Not judging, helping the helpless, guiding the lost, protecting a child, standing up for the meek, food free of chemicals and preservatives, dismantling chem trails, stopping 5G , comforting the sick
      September 12, 2018 5:31 AM MDT

Yes indeed.  All of which require hard work,  not just song lyrics. 
      September 12, 2018 5:36 AM MDT

Unfortunately, we have become so dumbed down by all the crap they put in our food and water, nobody cares anymore.
      September 12, 2018 5:38 AM MDT

Please don't forget that much of what the liberal politicians feed them has the same effect. This post was edited by officegirl at September 12, 2018 5:59 AM MDT
      September 12, 2018 5:58 AM MDT