Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Who or what was responsible for making you the angriest you've ever been?

Who or what was responsible for making you the angriest you've ever been?

Posted - September 17, 2018

Responses

I don't remember.
      September 17, 2018 7:33 AM MDT

You don't remember what?
      September 17, 2018 7:37 AM MDT

My brother.

At one point (when we were kids) I had enough of his mouth, and clubbed him on the side of the ribs.  
    Didn't break anything, but he had a good sized bruise - and my parents forced me to attend "anger counseling".
    After a few months of "treating" me, the counselor talked to the whole family for a couple weeks.
    In the end, the counselor told my parents he was surprised I hadn't hit my brother sooner.   LOL
      September 17, 2018 7:45 AM MDT

I was chatting with a neighbors's daughter a while back,
    and something she said made my draw drop.

I had just observed Aliya being verbally bitchy to her older sister - really vile, obviously untrue stuff.
    The sister just turned her back and walked off as if she hadn't heard.
    I asked Aliya why she taunted her sister like that.
    She replied, "Because that's the proper job of all younger sisters.
    If you taunt long enough they bash you, and then they get punished by Mom and Dad. Ha ha!"
    "Do you mean to say you and your friends talk about this and you all agree?"
    "Of course!"

I suddenly saw my younger sister's lifetime of behaviors in a whole new light.

This post was edited by inky at September 18, 2018 6:53 PM MDT
      September 17, 2018 10:40 PM MDT

The wife, for reasons best left unsaid...
      September 17, 2018 10:18 AM MDT

Me too.
      September 17, 2018 9:33 PM MDT

The angriest I remember being was at work. Before I promoted to where I’m at now I was in charge of running minimum custody inmate dorms. After my second officer was done doing other tasks he arrived in my unit. He immediately began talking crap to inmates, tried to provoke them, and started crap. 

I told him this with explicit language mixed in, “My office now.” When we were away from the inmates and in my office I said this to him, “You have thirty seconds to grab your stuff and get the **** our of here before I beat your *** and literally throw you out of my unit. No one comes in here purposely riling up inmates.” He tried to argue and I yelled more explicatives at him. He left.

I then called my boss, the lieutenant and told him I had kicked the officer out of my unit, why I did so, and if he returned to my unit I would beat and stab his *** if the inmates didn’t do it first. He was never placed to work with me again.

It’s no secret I have disdain for inmates. At the same time I expect my coworkers to be professional and not speak to inmates like garbage without solid reasons. This clown could have ended up causing us both to be beaten severely. 
      September 17, 2018 2:10 PM MDT

You have one of the toughest jobs I can imagine in this whole world.
    I can see how critical one wrong move could be.
    I've never seen the sense in deliberately provoking anyone,
    but in that situation it would have to be one of the stupidest and most dangerous things anyone could do.
      September 18, 2018 10:38 AM MDT

You are correct. The smallest most insignificant thing to us could result in death in prison. I broke up a brutal stabbing over someone sitting in the wrong section in the chow hall. The guy was a new inmate and didn’t know. There’s a lot of pressure knowing the smallest slip up or mistake can cause lost lives. 

This knucklehead could have caused not only serious harm to himself, but me as well. It’s one thing to tick off inmates doing your job. It’s another to needlessly harass and provoke them. It’s never too bright to provoke people. Especially inmates who are violent. Fortunately I had earned the respect of most inmates by then and they trusted I would deal with him. They were correct. Some verbalized their appreciation for me handling the situation. 

Respect is huge in prison. If it’s not the most important thing, it’s close to it. This post was edited by Rizz at September 20, 2018 5:36 AM MDT
      September 18, 2018 3:24 PM MDT

Commiserations, man.

If you don't have PTSD by now, you must be one of the sanest people on the planet.

Many of them are probably nutjobs who've been warped since birth by nutjob parents.

Coping with that takes serious dedication to reality, and a lot of self-discipline to stay calm.

I don't believe any baby is naturally born with hair-trigger nerves. This post was edited by inky at September 20, 2018 5:36 AM MDT
      September 18, 2018 9:17 PM MDT

nny ennployers when they wont let nne keep a job
      September 17, 2018 3:50 PM MDT

Does your 'm' key not work?
      September 18, 2018 10:59 AM MDT

Myself.

Anger is something I create through
    how I interpret, think about, and judge
    an event or action
    and its effects on me or others.

It arises in response to other emotions:
    physical or emotional pain,
    toxic shame where I am in denial about something I may have done wrong,
    or fear arising from a threat or physical danger.

Sometimes it can seem to flash like lightning - but that's an illusion.
    If, in retrospect, I carefully examine every microsecond, there was always one of those three: pain, shame or fear. This post was edited by inky at September 18, 2018 9:13 PM MDT
      September 17, 2018 6:25 PM MDT

I think when I realized my oldest stepdaughter, who I felt especially close to, had been seeing this man I was having a thing with. And in our house.  Not like I caught them or anything but just from their interaction I realized what had been going on.  I just went running out of there and downstairs and out into the winter without a coat because I felt otherwise I was going to explode. Just trying to think of how I was going to confront her. I felt doubly betrayed.  Because I guess I had wanted to think of him as mine.  Which I should not have as we both were married and his wife had just moved out on him for a time.  And I had been encouraging her to experiment around with more men which she had never really done much of.  Very ironic.  And I seldom become angry but I guess it was partly just the shock I was unprepared for. 
      September 18, 2018 5:40 AM MDT

I can think of three people who have made me the angriest. I won't go into why because it would just get me upset again. However, in thinking about this, I realized that what they have in common is that they justified their behavior by playing the appropriate 'card': Mental illness/age/race. I think that while those things create challenges and can sometimes be reasons for certain actions, they are not a free pass for going through life without looking at how your own behavior can create unpleasant situations.
      September 18, 2018 6:05 AM MDT

First wife. Long story.
      September 18, 2018 6:57 PM MDT

The crake head that stole my chain saw. I was pretty mad that it got stole because I really  loved that saw so I put my ear to the ground and found it. When I got it home I got really really  anger because I found out the guy tried running it on White furnace oil - it took many hours to clean it up and it still doesn't run as good as it did before a crake head got a hold of it. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at September 18, 2018 7:25 PM MDT
      September 18, 2018 7:15 PM MDT