Active Now

Randy D
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How do you vent rage when you are furious and need an outlet yet you don't want to hurt yourself or anyone else? Never get angry do you?

How do you vent rage when you are furious and need an outlet yet you don't want to hurt yourself or anyone else? Never get angry do you?

Posted - October 7, 2018

Responses

I usually get quite and clean things. 
      October 7, 2018 2:50 PM MDT

Me too. ;)
      October 7, 2018 8:28 PM MDT

You mean like scrub floors, vacuum, straighten out drawers?  I can't get down on my knees any longer m2c. I hurt my right knee a few years ago. I forget the name of what it was but it's something that happens often to athletes(I'm not an athlete by any means) and it "cures" itself. Only like 10% of the time is surgery required. But after it "heals" the result is I can't down on my knees any more or I pay a price. I guess once it happens that knee is forever weakened. Cleaning floors with the mop just doesn't do it for me.  But I can do other things. I get quiet too and kinda wistful. For what I don't know. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday.
      October 8, 2018 2:54 AM MDT

I split knotty Fir or Hemlock fire wood it`s hard  to split so it`s a good way to work out rage. Cheers! 
      October 7, 2018 3:09 PM MDT

You know what Nanoose? I'd probably split a part of my body if I were to take up an ax and start swinging away at something! I'm dangerous around knives and other things with sharp edges! Clumsy I guess. That sounds like a good way to exhaust yourself and simultaneously stack up wood for a fireplace. I know it's gonna sound way sexist but that's more a "guy" thing although there probably are women who do that too. Can't you just picture one in action? Ever see pictures of women bodybuilders? Their muscles have muscles!  Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      October 8, 2018 2:59 AM MDT

Work up a sweat - either go for a run or put on the gloves and work the heavy bag. I haven't boxed in thirty years, but I still have those particular items.
      October 7, 2018 3:12 PM MDT

I used to run years ago Sbf but around age 50 my doc told me that my running days were over and I had to gear down to fast walking. Ever fast-walked? Talk about boring! Ideally you run on sand or a track not on cement. Running on cement is hard on your body as I'm sure I don't have to tell you. Now boxing is something that I suppose I could do at a "health" club or exercise palace. Nanoose suggests chopping wood. Maybe I'll get around to it one day. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday!  :)                                                                            
      October 8, 2018 3:03 AM MDT

Occasionally when I am caught off guard and have trouble processing something.   Well my being angry has nothing to do with others so why would I care to hurt them?  They are entitled to their own lives.  And what good would it help to inflict hurt on myself?  That we need "outlets" I see as rather a fiction of psychologists. I see no good reasons for any kind of destructive behavior.  We simply just get ourselves together. 
      October 7, 2018 5:05 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply og. "We simply just get ourselves together". I shall have to try that. First I have to work my way out of this malaise that has enveloped  me. First things first. Happy Monday.
      October 8, 2018 3:05 AM MDT

When I’m at work I confront who and the situation I’m angry over. Whether it’s inmates or staff. In prison one cannot show weakness to staff or inmates. You have to stand up for yourself and speak your mind. 

When Im not at work and I’m home I go for a walk, go target shooting, or watch a comedy or two to make me laugh. All three are stress relievers for me. When I’m out in public and not in uniform I try to maintain my composure and let whomever know they made me angry and I try to resolve the issue. Only twice have I completely blown up in public. Once when I was stopped, prevented from leaving, and falsely accused of shoplifting at a Target. I wrote about it on another question I asked. The other time I was on my way home on a state highway when some clown texting on his phone quickly moved into my lane without paying attention. Had the other lane not been empty it would have been a nasty accident. I honked my horn and told him to shove his phone up his arse.

He followed me into town and puled right behind me at the gas pumps at a gas station. He exited his vehicle cussing me out and threatening me. Once I stepped out of my vehicle and told him I’d rip his head off his head and s*** down his neck while holding a baseball bat he jumped back into his vehicle and sped off. I don’t believe he realized my size until I exited my vehicle. 

I was also carrying a 9mm at the time but I wouldn’t have even removed it from my hidden holster unless my life was in serious danger. 
      October 7, 2018 5:18 PM MDT

Oh sweetie I just laughed out loud when I read "...told him to shove his phone up his arse"! Thanks for that! I needed that. In fact I read your response twice. It's funny but great.In visualizing all of that it seems to have helped. How tall are you m'dear? I can just see his face if he were 5' 9 and you're 6' 4" he must have thought "Oh sh **". I'm laughing and Jim asked me why and so I'm gonna post this and read your answer to him! Thank your for your nifty reply and Happy Monday Rizz! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 8, 2018 5:11 AM MDT
      October 8, 2018 3:28 AM MDT

Happy Monday to you. I’m actually 6’5”. The guy was probably about 5’6”.
      October 8, 2018 5:12 AM MDT

I’m also glad you enjoyed my answer. 
      October 8, 2018 5:28 AM MDT

I get quiet and try to be by myself. If someone tries to argue with me, I just walk away. I hate confrontation, and can never understand why anyone would want to vent, especially publically, at the expense of possibly making others around them feel uncomfortable. It amazes me how inconsiderate some people are of other peoples feelings.
      October 7, 2018 8:30 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply cp and Happy Monday to thee.
      October 8, 2018 3:38 AM MDT

I rarely get furious/angry but when I do I usually just walk away until I simmer down a tad. :)
      October 8, 2018 2:58 AM MDT

I think that's a good thing. Getting furious can't be very healthy for a body. Thank you for your reply RA and Happy Monday! :)
      October 8, 2018 3:39 AM MDT
  • D&D

I break things not people. Occasionally I release it at people whom hurt me deeply in my childhoood years. Snapping at parents or things like that. I've been told that my words are sharper than blades. (I learned from the best subconsciously).
      October 8, 2018 5:27 AM MDT