Active Now

Reverend Muhammadovsky
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » What religions (if any) require men to wear veils? If certain religions require that of women, why not men as well?
Bez

What religions (if any) require men to wear veils? If certain religions require that of women, why not men as well?

Posted - August 20, 2016

Responses

"How much clearer do I have to make my point?"

No, you need not bother any more. It's absolutely crystal clear that we're not on the same rational plane here. Your statements like "If their horoscopes indicate that they do want to be submissive then they are like that naturally" and "the women you are defending were forced to convert to Islam because they were afraid something sinister might happen to them if they refused to convert." spell that out very clearly.

have a nice day

August 26, 2016 4:23 PM MDT

Don't get agitated AB. This is not addressed to you. It's addressed to anyone who might read your comment and wonder.

==========================

The website is not trading anything. It's just poisoning innocent non critically thinking minds with hatred.

August 26, 2016 4:34 PM MDT

Andy, well, DUH, of course they shouldn't say that. Have you been on the internet? Never mind that, have you been to planet Earth? People say untrue things all the time there, regardless of whether they should or not.

August 26, 2016 6:29 PM MDT

The reason I go there is that they do give the relevant verses from the Quran where as apologist (where they are not the majority) do not. I didn't go there to find the answer but did a google search and with veil and quran and that was one of the sites that came up

August 27, 2016 4:20 AM MDT

Pretty sure the site is biased. Biased in no way means it is wrong about everything. It gave some relevant verses where as our resident apologist didn't give the relevant verses. You find the opposite side from apologist. All good in the Middle East or anywhere where Muslims had been/are the majority is due to being Muslims. All bad in the same areas are due to culture, not due to being Muslims. The middle East had an age of enlightenment because of being Muslims not due to culture. Honor killings by Muslims are due to culture, not because of being Muslim.

CLURT often says things like 'Where does the Quran say to kill nonbelievers, I am not aware of such a verse'. If you google it, you find sites like the one I sited that give you the relevant verses in the Quran. 

August 27, 2016 4:40 AM MDT

people who go there [to websites such as www.thereligionofpeace.com] to get objective information about Islam, KNOWING that those websites are anti Islam and anti Muslim websites, then they are displaying the intelligence and thinking of a person who would go to a fishmonger to find out about the best cuts of beef would go to an anti Muslim website.

August 27, 2016 5:11 PM MDT
  • Bez

Rpf, just because people say untrue things on the Internet all the time, that doesn't mean anything. I give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove they are not worthy of it, after which I never give them the benefit of the doubt again. Otherwise I continue to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't hold negative views for nothing, there has to be a reason, and once I have a reason that's that. In other words, if everyone was as in-your-face honest as I am, a lot of these silly arguments would not exist. That is why I brand them as trolls when they prove not to be as honest as I am. I'm sure you know what I mean.

August 27, 2016 8:09 PM MDT
  • Bez

Texasescimo, I just want to take this opportunity to say this (and CLURT can read it as well). I do not hate individual people just because I don't agree with their beliefs, and that includes Muslims. I don't dislike them as people just because they are Muslims. In fact, I was in Liverpool earlier on today and while I was there I saw about a dozen or so Muslims in the streets. I didn't say a thing to them, I left them alone like I always do. Those individual Muslims haven't done anything to me PERSONALLY ((note especially that word, it is most important), therefore I don't have a PERSONAL (there goes that word again) grudge against them, therefore I will not be hostile towards them. I am only hostile towards people for PERSONAL (gosh, that word again!) reasons and I do not discriminate against anybody for any other reason other than PERSONAL (have I said that word enough times yet?) reasons. HOWEVER, regardless of who believes in it and who does not, I don't like Islam as a religion because I have already seen how it clashes so severely with my PERSONAL (that word again!) nature. From all this, texasescimo, I would say that you have hit the nail right on the head with your comment "Honor killings by Muslims are due to culture, not because of being Muslim". I think that sentence should sum all this up in a nutshell.

August 27, 2016 8:22 PM MDT

it's sometimes good to give people the benefit of the doubt, but wherever possible I prefer to question a person's claims and statements and probe deeper. I can't question the writers of horoscopes. Maybe that's why I don't believe in horoscopes.

August 28, 2016 10:57 AM MDT

1- Honesty is good. I like it.

2- Let's say I claim that regardless of who believes in eating grubs and who does not, I don't like eating grubs as food because I have already seen how it clashes so severely with my PERSONAL (that word again!) taste in food.

3- Now if I'm honest about what I said in 2 I will NOT disagree with anyone who says that THEY love eating grubs, that THEY find grubs delicious and that THEY find grubs nutritious. I will not oppose them even if they RECOMMEND the eating of grubs to others. If I do then I was obviously NOT honest about what I said in 2.

4- That's one way of telling whether or not a person is honest about their claim that their like or dislike is purely for personal reasons.

5- So how do we tell whether or not "Honor killings by Muslims are due to culture, not because of being Muslim". I think if we find that a) there is no instruction in the HQ to practice honour killing, and that b) honour killings is widely practised by non-Muslims too, then we can safely conclude that "Honor killings by Muslims are due to culture, not because of being Muslim".

August 28, 2016 11:47 AM MDT