Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Anti-Semitism - When Will it End?

Anti-Semitism - When Will it End?

No automatic alt text available.

Posted - October 27, 2018

Responses

Probably never. Being a Christian Jew, I get twice the hatred.
      October 27, 2018 11:03 PM MDT

My best friends in the whole world are Jewish.  One of them has a brother who, along with his own family of 7, are part of a Christian Jew congregation.  I  celebrated with them every Jewish holiday and Christmas for many many years.  When I think of my hometown, they are the people I think of and miss.  I talked to them this afternoon.   They had the same picture as Spunky posted here on their Facebook page.  

I don't know why you would get hatred for either.
      October 28, 2018 12:00 AM MDT

When religion is no longer a component of human thought. 
    Not soon, I’d say. 

Voltaire had it right: “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities”.
    Such is the realm, and effect, of man’s religions. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at October 28, 2018 11:27 AM MDT
      October 28, 2018 4:19 AM MDT

Sadly, it does not until the end.
      October 28, 2018 7:53 AM MDT

• Exactly what m2c said.

"Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep."  Psalms 121:4

The Lord God loves his people.  He loves everyone.  He is eternal.  His love is eternal.  He has kept his promises to Israel and the Jewish people and he will continue to do so.  In the meantime we live in a world infected with sin and lies and hate, but there will come a day of Peace, and of Love when ALL of God's family will be seated together at a table of harmony.  Those who practice wickedness will be no more.

God Bless The Jewish People. 
      October 28, 2018 9:12 AM MDT

hopefully soon
      October 28, 2018 9:43 AM MDT

I don't think it will given the current political state between the Semitic speaking people of Israel and Palestine, and the opinions of witnesses in other nations.
      October 28, 2018 11:23 AM MDT

There are so many anti-anything that is not WHITE and Evangelically Jesus, you need to stand in line for your chance to feel bad about it.

Sharon, anti-gay bashing, anti-black bashing, anti-immigration haters, anti-guns without strict background checking etc....
      October 28, 2018 11:28 AM MDT

• AMEN to that.  There is no shortage of hate these days.
      October 28, 2018 11:31 AM MDT

Everyone is attached (including me, unfortunately) to their identity of what they want themselves to be.  Their ego.  So, if you live in that world, you get to have a lot of enemies.  You see everyone like Trump does.  If you like him, you are safe and if you don't, the President will use his power we trusted in him to have to attack his citizens.

Nice.  I think that it is very hard to bow to the Divine in each of us and let it go.  It is hard for me to listen to people lie about Donald Trump when they know they are lying and how much damage it does to us all, and forgive them.

That is my path.  I need to break this insane idea that I can make a difference by fighting in any manner.  The more I resist other people's opinions, the more of this I get thrown right back at me.

But I see the world burning and I need to scream.
      October 28, 2018 11:35 AM MDT

I think each of us, to a greater or lesser extent, is prejudiced against some group or other.  The large majority of us keep those feeling to ourselves and strive to accept people on individual bases at least to try and get along for the common good.  Some succeed better than others, but when the president of this country gets up in front of his rallies for self-congratulations and spews such derision for groups of people, some who are of the same thoughts feel they are now justified in feeling that way and that they are being given the green light to act upon their hatred.  
      October 28, 2018 11:40 AM MDT

But bigotry, especially in the form of racism and anti-Semitism, has existed for ages, so it's not just about now.
      October 28, 2018 11:45 AM MDT

And President Trump is the most pro-Israel president we have had in decades. 
      October 28, 2018 12:05 PM MDT

You know very true. Obama seemed to have a real problem with Israel if not Jewish people in general. 
      October 28, 2018 12:08 PM MDT

• I noticed that too.
      October 28, 2018 3:32 PM MDT

Don't hold your breath. It's been going on for ages. Even on here, in the wake of such a horrible and tragic event, it manifests itself in hostile remarks about Israel retaliating (against whom, I have no idea), how it doesn't respect borders, and Jewish aggression in completely different and unrelated situations. And some of these friendly folks are themselves members of persecuted minority groups such as LGBTQs, so one might think they would be a bit more aware and sensitive about this.

My late father, who came of age around the end of WWII and the Holocaust and experienced blatant anti-Semitism as a child in a small coal-mining community and as a young adult in employment situations, used to say that while many people behave outwardly in a certain manner, you needn't dig very deep to find the bigotry and anti-Semitic hostility. I believe many African-Americans and members of other minority groups also feel that way and say the same thing.
      October 28, 2018 11:43 AM MDT