Active Now

Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Why are most aliens in movies and on TV shows evil?

Why are most aliens in movies and on TV shows evil?

Posted - November 10, 2018

Responses

• "Because they don't write the scripts."

November 10, 2018 3:56 PM MST

cause they think people will like the tv shows nnore if they are
      November 10, 2018 4:22 PM MST

I think the reason we have never seen one is because they know we are evil.
      November 10, 2018 5:21 PM MST

We are afraid. We fear the UNKNOWN.
      November 10, 2018 5:22 PM MST

In earth's history at least, when a superior civilization (I should say a more technologically advanced civilization) "discovers" a less advanced civilization, things go very badly for the latter.  Wouldn't you say?
      November 10, 2018 5:43 PM MST

• Paranoia due to a long forgotten probe. :P

November 10, 2018 6:39 PM MST

• Because we like to see near indestructible evil combated by the good guys and defeated!  It restores our faith in mankind:)
      November 10, 2018 7:04 PM MST

I don't think I have a reason, I guess.

But I surely love that image of The Alien!

PLOT SPOILER!!!! "ALIEN"!!!!!!!!

And the "evilness" of the Alien in that very first, original "Alien" was pure. Or was it simply surviving? Probably so.
    While I'm at it, a big factor of how the movie affected me was the character 'Lambert,' portrayed by Veronica Cartwright. I was drawn to her character because of the entire crew, she was basically the only one who allowed herself to be truly, outwardly and overwhelmingly afraid of that alien. Everyone else seemed almost super stoic or super brave. Lambert was human with flaws.

Enough rambling, woops.

Related image This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 11, 2018 6:17 AM MST
      November 10, 2018 7:13 PM MST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDTDYkMR8Zs

It installs fear in the population, and when people are afraid they will give up their liberties for securities.

This post was edited by kjames at November 11, 2018 3:08 PM MST
      November 11, 2018 12:47 PM MST

Evil is a human trait.....in a differnt world the same thing might not exist....Like all living things on this planet...humans were just part of the food chain like every other animal .....Does a lion or snake killing and eating a baby make it evil or were we just part of the food chain until we discovered weapons and were able to construct strong buildings....
    Animals don't make war on each other or rarely kill more than they can eat......
    Unlike humans....:( This post was edited by Nice Jugs at November 11, 2018 3:08 PM MST
      November 11, 2018 12:58 PM MST