Active Now

my2cents
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Are you suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Are you suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Which way does this statement's meaning lie? To be for or against Trump?

Posted - November 28, 2018

Responses

Yes.  But I am using tools to recover.  

I am not going to let this being infiltrate my mind with hate and disgust any more.  Time to encourage some inspiration for this nation to heal from this atrocity.  Time to move forward and heal what we can. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 28, 2018 10:04 PM MST
      November 28, 2018 1:46 AM MST

It means to BE him. Deranged, demented and delusional.
      November 28, 2018 5:16 AM MST

It means you have lost (That's if you had it to begin with) your ability to reason; and, you actually believe that Trump is a good man and a great POTUS.
      November 28, 2018 7:01 AM MST

i dont have anything against trunnp
      November 28, 2018 9:33 AM MST

As I have heard it defined, it is the mindset that everything Trump does or says is inherently and completely deranged. 

I have also heard some describe it is the lemming-like embrace/worship of all things Trump. 

To my eye, the former has at least some basis in evidence; the latter is a state of indifference to evidence. 
    I think it speaks ill of the President that there were grounds to coin such a phrase in the first place. This post was edited by Don Barzini at November 30, 2018 3:52 AM MST
      November 28, 2018 3:37 PM MST

I found this online written by a Yale psychiatrist a few days ago:

Emotionally-driven, relatively uninformed, and dependent on Trump, his supporters don’t question him and tend to take his claims at face value, according to the psychiatrist. She adds, however, that emotionally manipulating his supporters is not a matter of strategy for President Trump. Rather,” this can be explained through their emotional wounds.” 
      November 28, 2018 4:27 PM MST

It is not Trump that is deranged-since God made Trump president of USA  (according to the Religious Right people) therefore one could presume God inspires the policies and decisions he makes and inspires every word he speaks. The Lord works in mysterious ways. 

The end of the world is coming. SOON! This post was edited by Kittigate at November 30, 2018 3:27 AM MST
      November 28, 2018 9:44 PM MST

If you really believe that, how do you get up and function every day?
      November 28, 2018 10:05 PM MST

I don't actually believe any of that myself but it could stand to reason for people who do believe God made Trump president. Some people are expecting Armaggedon to happen soon.
      November 28, 2018 10:17 PM MST

But why spend your time and energy worrying about what a few people may believe? At any time with anybody in power, there are always extreme nuts at the fringes. Don't know about you, but I'm too busy with my own life to worry about them. Nothing anybody does is going to change their minds anyway.
      November 28, 2018 10:38 PM MST

Alright but anyway I don't think people need to defend Mr Trump so much  -all they should need to remark about Trump's doings is to say "it is the will of the Lord".

November 28, 2018 11:16 PM MST

Why? You're talking about a small minority who may believe that. It's rarely heard in public settings. If anything, it's more likely that religious folks dislike and disapprove of him because of his divorces and sexual bravado.
      November 28, 2018 11:20 PM MST

Well a long time ago God chose Moses who I don't think was exactly a gentleman. 

This post was edited by Kittigate at November 30, 2018 3:26 AM MST
      November 28, 2018 11:25 PM MST

Don't you think that's a bit off the wall here? And many things in the Bible probably did not literally happen.
      November 28, 2018 11:34 PM MST

This discussion is getting off the wall. I think I might have been confusing Moses with Paul of the NT.
      November 29, 2018 1:23 AM MST

Trump Derangement Syndrome: an intense hatred of President Trump and the belief that everything thing he does and says will lead to the end of the world. 

It is not a new term it was applied to both Obama and Bush W haters as well. 

No, I do not suffer from any Derangement Syndrome. 

There is also Trump Anxiety Disorder. People with this are also likely to have the other. 

December 5, 2018 3:28 PM MST