Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Music » When a song is stuck in your head and you can't remember its title and/or artist, doesn't that drive you crazy trying to figure it out?

When a song is stuck in your head and you can't remember its title and/or artist, doesn't that drive you crazy trying to figure it out?

What was the last song title and/or artist that was driving you batty until you finally pinpointed it, and how did you come across it?  Did you ask other people, hum a few bars for them, did you look it up, did the DJ reveal it after the tune played, did it suddenly pop into your noggin, etc.?

~

Posted - November 30, 2018

Responses

What cracks me up is when somebody posts a question like "I have this song, it goes doo de doo de doo. What's the name?" I always answer "It's an old drinking song. I don't remember the name because I was always drunk when they played it. You just can't beat those old drinking songs!"
      November 30, 2018 6:57 AM MST

Exactly!  They were much better than quarters and a lot less messy.  One drinking game I always lost in about in the first half hour was the "Scarface" movie drinking game.
    Every time he said f*ck, you had to drink.  We would have to pause the movie to drink 4 or 5 after once sentence.  It's a sure to get buzzed quick game.  Drinking and song/movie games are the best! :) :)
      November 30, 2018 12:53 PM MST

Just in case you forgot the lyrics here they are.  Now-a-days, if I'm near a computer and they have internet, I go to Youtube.  If not, I hope I can mimic the doo dee doo dooddee doos to the song well enough that someone, somewhere along the way gets it and knows the artist and the rest of the song/title or whatever I am searching for. 
    I hope this isn't stuck in your head for the rest of the day... Big winks and smiles! I wasn't trying to be wicked.  Things like this just happen when you ask and answer questions of this nature.
    Bigger winks and smiles! This post was edited by Merlin at November 30, 2018 9:18 PM MST
      November 30, 2018 12:49 PM MST

no cause i never get a song stuck in nny head
      November 30, 2018 2:35 PM MST

This year's love by David Gray. I kept singing it in my head and skipping the heart points until I asked my husband. I started singing when you kiss me on this midnight street...

Oh, I wish I knew how to post videos because it's such a lovely song. Lyrics and music. And I'm sure this year's love will last!
      November 30, 2018 7:35 PM MST

November 30, 2018 8:52 PM MST

Thank you so very much WelbyQuentin! xoxo!
      November 30, 2018 9:02 PM MST

You're welcome, easyjolene!
    :)
      November 30, 2018 9:05 PM MST

YOU KNOW WHAT DRIVES ME INSANE?
    Good.  I'll tell you.  The radio.  They play the song and do not announce who it is or what the song title is.  These are disc jockeys.  What else do they pay them for?   They play songs.  ANNOUNCE WHAT IS COMING UP!   That is how it was when I was growing up.  

What is more important to the artist and the record company than that little bit of advertising?    

November 30, 2018 7:51 PM MST

For YEARS and YEARS, I would hear this song. I loved this song. And I never knew the title or artist/band. Trying to figure it out, I could never remember lyrics and/or excerpts from the song when I would think about it. It was only whenever I heard it, that I would think, "That's it!" 

On and on went years of my catching sporadic airings.

And one day, only about four years ago or so, purely by chance, I heard it while driving in my car and the DJ identified it!

"Kashmir"  Led Zeppelin

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at December 1, 2018 12:53 AM MST
      November 30, 2018 8:57 PM MST

Here is one that gets stuck in my head every Christmas. Back in 1990 a radio station played this every day along with Christmas songs but only r&r and gag versions.

December 1, 2018 2:28 AM MST