Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Language » For those of you fluent in two or more languages, is there a particular one of them that you wish you didn't know?

For those of you fluent in two or more languages, is there a particular one of them that you wish you didn't know?

~

Posted - December 23, 2018

Responses

no
      December 23, 2018 9:38 AM MST

I started to learn Spanish but I quit when I learned that every Mexican village has its own dialect. There is a different word for "eggs" because Mexicans are even more sexually uptight than Americans. Brands of beer are usually sexual puns so that you can't mention your preference outside the bar.

I started to learn Arabic but I quit when I learned that it is so hard that even native speakers can't get it right.

I started to learn Chinese. The first thirteen lessons were only on how to draw the characters. So I switched to an online thing and learned about two hundred words, but still no idea how to read or write anything. I quit when I learned that China has more English speakers than USA has.
      December 23, 2018 2:38 PM MST

Started to learn does not equal fluent in. 
    __
      December 24, 2018 5:41 AM MST

I like anything I know about other languages whether fluent down to a smattering or even just started to learn. 
      December 24, 2018 10:36 AM MST