Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Diet and Fitness » If you could be in perfect health, physically, mentally and spiritually but you could not eat any meat anymore, could you give it up?

If you could be in perfect health, physically, mentally and spiritually but you could not eat any meat anymore, could you give it up?

Just look how YUMMY.  Just look at the happy faces.  Just look at what their lives were like before this end.  Just look and salivate.  

It costs more money to house and force feed these unfortunate animals than it costs to grow vegetables to feed an entire city.  

The energy that passes from these terrified animals into your body, is enough to never want to go near meat.

CANCER is the least of your problems.

Posted - December 27, 2018

Responses

i nnight
      December 27, 2018 12:44 PM MST

I'm in good enough health already, aside from the low blood pressure and mild anemia. I don't really eat meat all that much since I'm picky about where it's from and it's more expensive. The ones that come from those factories leave a waxy aftertaste and are kinda like styrofoam. I eat lotsa fish though. I love me some eel sushi.
      December 27, 2018 5:27 PM MST

My cat has cut back on the amount of meat he eats. He is getting old so he kills fewer mice and almost never eats a baby rabbit any more.  He eats his Friskies crunch chunks. 
      December 27, 2018 7:17 PM MST

Yes. 

~
      December 27, 2018 10:37 PM MST

I gave up meat, poultry and fish when I was 21.
    I'm 62 now, still vegetarian, and am in excellent physical health and basically fairly happy most of the time.
    (Haven't always been happy - several long phases of depression in the past - but they had nothing to do with diet.)
    Spiritual? I leave that to others to judge.
      December 28, 2018 1:11 AM MST

I wouldn't be in perfect health. Vegans invariably suffer anaemia and osteoporosis late in life.
      December 28, 2018 2:57 AM MST

(She already covered that in her question: perfect health.)

~
      December 28, 2018 5:44 AM MST

Vegans are not the same as vegetarians. They eat no animal products whatsoever - which is why they are at high risk of vit B12 deficiency, anaemia, and then osteoporosis in early old age, average onset at around seventy for men and earlier for women.

A person who doesn't eat meat, poultry or fish is a vegetarian; we eat eggs, dairy products, and also get plant proteins from combinations of grains, pulses, seeds and nuts. Vegetarians rarely suffer health problem unless they subsist on junk foods.

December 28, 2018 4:44 PM MST

Nope.
    "Variety is the spice of life"
    "He who controls the spice, controls the universe" This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at December 28, 2018 11:32 AM MST
      December 28, 2018 11:31 AM MST