Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » At a store today I held open a door for a young couple with the father carrying a baby. They didn't thank me or even look at me.

At a store today I held open a door for a young couple with the father carrying a baby. They didn't thank me or even look at me.

I have never encountered that kind of rudeness. How would you have handle it? I ignored.

Posted - December 31, 2018

Responses

I would have followed them home and tasered them. 
      December 31, 2018 6:29 PM MST

Well I hope that doesn't turn you off from being polite  and opening doors when need be, Cheers and Happy New Year!
      December 31, 2018 6:29 PM MST

No...it won't.
      December 31, 2018 6:34 PM MST

I would have ignored it too although, it would bug me : /
      December 31, 2018 6:37 PM MST

A golden opportunity
    to help in such a situation
    is it's own reward...
      December 31, 2018 6:43 PM MST

(it's its)
      December 31, 2018 9:49 PM MST

I would assume that they had a lot on their minds and probably didn't even notice that someone opened the door.  Depending on my mood I would shrug it off or else give a loud, sarcastic "you're welcome" and stomp off in a huff.
      December 31, 2018 8:05 PM MST

I would probably have said "Thank you" loud enough for them to hear or, being that it's erev New Years, would have just ignored it.
      December 31, 2018 8:30 PM MST

In that situation, I always give the perpetrator a nice loud, exaggerated "You're welcome".

Once, a guy tried to shrug it off by muttering under his breath, "No sé inglés" (I don't speak English), not knowing that I also speak Spanish. I responded, "Pues entonces, lo puedes dar gracias en tu idioma, no hay que ser tan grosero" (Well them, you can say thank you in your language, you don't have to be so rude). He was so shocked that his jaw dropped.
    ~
      December 31, 2018 10:02 PM MST

I would probably just shrug and move on with my life. It's not rally a big deal to me, I would just think something like "what crawled up his rear end?"
      December 31, 2018 10:18 PM MST

Come to London where the high class toffs live and shop....As a mere menial you wiil get insulted every day in stores like Harrods or Harvy Nicks..... In Harrods the ultra rich Arabs blow their noses on the clothing on display waiting to be sold and the management never says a word or throws them from the store....
    They treat the staff like scum as well... :( 
      December 31, 2018 10:31 PM MST

Thank God for America 
      December 31, 2018 10:35 PM MST

I take it they act differently there.....You have to see for yourself how the public school boy educated twats live and ponce about like fairues....It's so much fun to listen to how the half wits think and speak and in sure they have only one brain cell shared between all of them...
    When I hear them speak to the the store staff that's serving them ....we actually cringe at the stupid things they say and ask the staff....How they manage to keep a straight face God only knows....lol
      December 31, 2018 10:47 PM MST