Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Finance » What was the most recent situation wherein you were financially unable to pay a bill? ~

What was the most recent situation wherein you were financially unable to pay a bill? ~

Posted - January 6, 2019

Responses

Never.
      January 6, 2019 2:19 PM MST

Student Loans. 
      January 6, 2019 5:04 PM MST

I'm still paying mine. I won't live long enough to pay them off.
      January 6, 2019 6:10 PM MST

I guess the most recent was the lawyer I posted about- the one who sent my mom an unexpected bill for $700 or $800, including the time he spent increasing his fees. I wound up phoning his office and told him we were broke. He accepted less than half of what was due and petitioned the courts to have himself removed as the attorney. I call that a win. 
      January 6, 2019 10:00 PM MST

My 65 yo house had to have new electrics. Twenty three hundred bux! I don't pay rent, but I have to pay for any maintenance I think the place needs.
      January 6, 2019 10:42 PM MST

Does not getting work done because you can't afford it count?
      January 8, 2019 6:48 AM MST

Never happened ....I've lived with who I work for from the age of 17.....all bill are paid by my boss and I dont get to spend any of the money I earn....Every thing I earn is also invested for me ....I don't even have to arrange any of it either....
    The companies accountants do everything....:) 
    Any money I spend is on my partners cards ....I only get told off if I buy to many shoes...:) 

January 8, 2019 7:05 AM MST

Why is it women have a shoe Fetish, with the Doc I don't ask, I just accept especially since it is her money.  Too funny, thanks for my daily smile
      January 8, 2019 2:44 PM MST

I suppose 4-500 pairs, may be more, could be viewed as a bit of a tiny fetish... I love them because the look good and are amazing to wear...   I'm only a little Dot and I can see eye to eye with others when I wear them....lol 

Who is the "Doc" by the way ? 
      January 8, 2019 3:18 PM MST

Never I was always able to scrape up the money.  Last time I was that tight was in my pup days over 25 years ago.  I had dug a hole, I dug myself out and have never been in that hole again.  The valuable lessons I learned from that:

A. Credit Cards are for convenience - not Credit

B. It is easier to save $100 than pay it off. 

So if I do not have the money, I do not spend it.  I also learned to have a "do not touch rainy day fund" of at least 3 months pay which in those days was 3 x 568.34
      January 8, 2019 2:52 PM MST