Element 99
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » are you a published author

are you a published author

i had a children's book published in the eighth grade 

Posted - January 8, 2019

Responses

I had a Fairy tail published called the Sad Tree. It was about a tree that was very sad because it lost all it's limbs in a war and a poor boy he met that had a very hard life because he had to pull a heavy  cart to town every day without the aid of a donkey because his father spent all the money on alcohol.  The boy sat beside tree to eat his meager lunch and he told the sad tree about his troubles.  After the boy finished his meager lunch he continued to pull the heavy cart to town without the aid of a donkey and it made the sad tree start to wonder if it was better to be a tree without limbs or a boy without a Ass (a Ass is another name for a donkey - he ha he ha he ha). Cheers!
      January 8, 2019 10:51 AM MST

A speech I  wrote is now in a textbook.  That's kind of sort of published.   That's cool about your children's book!  I'm still working on the outline for my book I hope to finish before I die.  :) This post was edited by Thriftymaid at January 10, 2019 3:00 AM MST
      January 8, 2019 10:56 AM MST

I wrote an article on DOS programming about 25 years ago. It was published in a local paper.
      January 8, 2019 12:30 PM MST

no but i do remember in primary and high schools, when we had writing exams which we had to create a story. i had big imagination at the time. probably writing lot of stuffs.
      January 8, 2019 4:35 PM MST

• Proof of said 8th grade published book or you're lying!
      January 8, 2019 5:53 PM MST

• I wrote a poem for a poetry contest when I was a teen, and it got published.  I co-wrote a childrens story with a friend and it got published eight years ago.
      January 8, 2019 9:09 PM MST

I entered a Cleveland Plain Dealer essay contest.  The Plain Dealer was the largest newspaper in Ohio. (might still be)  I was surprised to get a special delivery package from The Plain Dealer. It was an invitation to attend the awards ceremony! I had won 7th place. Big deal?  Well, yes, since there were over 1000 entries.  My wife and I dined on prime rib at the event. I became embarrassed from all the editors coming up and telling me that they liked certain parts of my essay. 
      January 8, 2019 9:48 PM MST

Self Published
      January 9, 2019 2:45 AM MST

"Published" in what sense? I write for a living. Very little of what I write carries my name, and the things that do are so minor that I don't think they're a claim to fame. Most of what I do is business blogs, but I've written some ebooks and scripts for online video courses. I've never written a book in my own name or anything though.

My father recently took to writing novels. As a gift to me last Christmas (a year ago), he stared a book I gave him the idea for and told me it was my job to finish it. I haven't even read his portion yet. He gave me crap about it this year. "But I already mapped out all the characters and established the story line. All you have to do is take it over and finish it," he said. 

"You mean all I have to do is write most of the book?" I asked. Yeah, not happening anytime soon. It might be cool to get it done though, and I certainly appreciated the gesture. 
      January 10, 2019 12:55 AM MST

When I was in sixth grade I wrote a series for little kids. Very similar to Mr Men, I think the school library still has them. I've also published music.
      January 10, 2019 3:24 AM MST

Yes but things like business reports, advertising, business letters, motivational blurbs and such.  Not creative writing. 
      January 10, 2019 6:39 AM MST