Nom de Plume
mojo
elon musk- sunset crusader
Don Barzini
ADOLPH TRUMP
lavender
WelbyQuentin
Slartibartfast
Nevan B
designer
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Would you have laughed like I did?

Would you have laughed like I did?

I was playing piano for a group of young children preparing for an Epiphany program (the arrival of Wise Men to visit the Baby Jesus).
The teacher mentioned the three gifts the Wise Men brought.
And one of the young children piped out loudly, "Yes! They brought gold, Frankenstein and myrrh!"

Posted - January 10

• 518
    I honestly don’t get the joke... so apparently I’m at the same level of one of the kids in your piano  class lol:) I wish I was joking,  but I’m completly serious :)
    2

• 10027
    The Wise Men are said to have brought three gifts for the Baby Jesus -- gold, frankincense and myrrh.
    So, this child (understandably to me) sort of got her "Frankin-words" a bit jumbled.
    :)

Not that it is that important but it was a regular Christian preschool class, not a piano class --  and I was just asked to play piano for their program. I mention it only because I don't want to come across like I was the teacher when I was not.
    :)
    2

• 518
    Lol :) I missed the frakinstein :) not that I know many bible stories,  but I do know that one. I’m blaming it on my lack of attention span and read too fast;) 
    2

• 10027
    I'm the same way a lot of the time!
    :)
    It's all good!
    :)
    2

• 307
    I would have laughed. That was cute!
    2

• 10027
    Fortunately, I did not laugh too loudly! Ha! It was so adorable and funny to me!
    :)
    1

• 307
    Very adorable!
    1

• 5420
    In "Seven Brides For Seven Brothers" the brothers are named after characters in the bible: Adam, Benjamin, Caleb, Daniel, Ephraim, Frank, and Gideon ... except there is no name in the bible beginning with 'F'.

So Mama named him Frankincense.
    1

• 629
    "Out of the mouths of babes," you can't beat it.
    0