Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Well, I don't WANT to be RICH because I think rich people are empty and is that alright with you?

Well, I don't WANT to be RICH because I think rich people are empty and is that alright with you?

Grrrrrrrrrr.

Posted - January 16, 2019

Responses

• That's fine by me!  But I might want to be a little "rich".  I would then hire someone to teach me how not to be empty.  
      January 17, 2019 9:37 AM MST

It's pretty obvious that people who are not rich are frequently empty.  (E.g., numerous Trump supporters)

Maslow's hierarchy of needs suggests that rich people can more easily achieve self actualization.

But of course it is your choice.
      January 17, 2019 10:02 AM MST

You can be whatever you want to be, and i personally wish you well with it.

It is apparent however, at least to me, that you don’t know many rich people. 
      January 17, 2019 2:38 PM MST

Stop blowing smoke up everybody's arse. 
      January 17, 2019 3:31 PM MST

I'm glad I've never smoked Zack if that's what smokers get up to....:( 
      January 17, 2019 3:47 PM MST

• jokes on you because im POOR and still empty !
      January 17, 2019 3:47 PM MST

Most rich people don't want to be poor because they see no nobility in poverty, they also think its much smarter to get poor people to work for them, than it is to work for themselves.
      January 17, 2019 3:57 PM MST

Not all rich people are empty.  So, you are just being jealous.

Is that alright with you?  
      January 17, 2019 5:09 PM MST

Absolutely.
    I've rarely met very wealthy people. Of those few, the ones who had inherited wealth were sometimes surprisingly okay.
    An example was the daughter of Reg Ansett. She gave all of her millions to the founding and building of a Vipassana Buddhist retreat centre in the midst of a national park. She became a Buddhist nun and lived her entire life serving others.
    Some others were just like spoilt children. They never matured because they could buy pretty much whatever they liked - tended to chuck tantrums if others didn't supply their needs.
    The ones who made their wealth were the ones I found the most odious: constantly boastful and ostentatious,
    yet mean to the point of worrying about where to find the cheapest deal on everything,
    giving nothing to charity and never stopping to help others.
      January 17, 2019 7:38 PM MST

Your premise is a gross over-generalization.  It says that you don't really know wealthy folks.  We all have the same needs, want the same things out of life, and will end up six feet under.
      January 17, 2019 9:13 PM MST

• Ya! You can't change he cards you were dealt you can only modify them?
      January 17, 2019 10:32 PM MST