Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » How did you entertain yourself the last time the power went out?

How did you entertain yourself the last time the power went out?

Posted - January 30, 2019

Responses

• I  had my Kindle and cell phone charged so I could read or get online.  And the power was not off long at all.;)
      January 30, 2019 9:04 PM MST

• It was about two months ago around 2 am.  I think it was the T-Storm that knocked the power out. I don't do thunderstorms at all, so I went into a closet  ( I know - I am ridiculous).  By the time I got comfortable in there, the power came back on - about 10 minutes later.  
      January 30, 2019 9:18 PM MST

• Sleep, I know it’s  not very entertaining. But sleep without distraction of electronics is kinda the best:)
      January 30, 2019 9:21 PM MST

I went to watch how them guys can change a burned out transformer without getting electrocuted. 
    Took about a half hour. 
      January 30, 2019 9:28 PM MST

I spent the time trying to find the little battery powered lights that I bought for that purpose. I found them but didn't bother to use them because there wasn't anything I wanted to look at. 

When the lights came on, the ac compressor burned out and it took three days to get it replaced. Now THAT was hard to take!
      January 31, 2019 12:25 AM MST

I am from a mountainous area where power is lost sometimes and it can be extensive.  When I moved to the NW my power went off one day and I was entertained by the neighbors' reactions.  Immediately everyone came out of their homes to the sidewalk and began speculating the why of the injustice that had been inflicted upon them.  I still chuckle about it.  It came back on within an hour.  It never went out again while I lived up there.  Seriously, the utilities have it going on both up there and down here in Florida where I am now.  I never have power outages.  Even with Irma my power back on in less than 11 hours.
      January 31, 2019 1:57 AM MST

• We just left and went out for a few hours.  My husband spent his 40 year career as an Electrical Engineer for a power company.  When the power is out, he likes to drive around looking for where the utility companies are working to restore service and see what's happening .. lol!
      January 31, 2019 2:23 AM MST

Diesel back-up power system. Lights on for reading and writing.

I've been told many babies are born in clusters nine months after power outages.
      January 31, 2019 6:26 AM MST

We went to sleep. 
      January 31, 2019 7:06 AM MST

I actually can't remember the last time we lost power. would probably, depending on the weather, go out on the front porch and drink beer and smoke.
      January 31, 2019 7:15 AM MST

It's been a long time since my power went out and it was due to a blown transformer, so it took a while for it to be fixed.  It was in the warm weather, so many of the tenants came out and sat on the benches in front of our complex and chatted with each other.  When it was time to go back upstairs, I read by flashlight and then went to sleep.  When I came home from work the next day, the problem had been fixed.
      January 31, 2019 9:56 AM MST

hahaha
    you asked...
         Took advantage 
    of the situation, I did.
    ...simply closed my eyes
    and looked into my
    inner third eye
    found amazing light
    and just went into that light...LOLOL

January 31, 2019 1:04 PM MST

Good question. I read a book by torch light, surrounded by candles. This post was edited by kjames at January 31, 2019 2:48 PM MST
      January 31, 2019 1:17 PM MST

By walking around the trailer wishing we had a battery powered radio while I entertained my self by sorting out the cupboards and drawers. We had a long power outage awhile back luckily we had lots of candles and fire wood so we could have warm food but I really missed having music. So I bought a portable radio plus extra batteries so I'll be ready the next time we loose power. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at January 31, 2019 2:48 PM MST
      January 31, 2019 2:02 PM MST

• i think i went outside and saw what they call the 'sun'
      February 4, 2019 10:19 PM MST